Toyota Camry RS3200 System

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Toyota Camry RS3200 System

Hey guys, I have a question about the Toyota RS3200 Alarm system for my vehicle. Part Number: 08586-3t940 but I have several questions:
1) Will this work in my 2007 Camry Hybrid with the smart key
system?
2) Does it come with everything to install this alarm system
myself? I have installed some toyota alarm systems in the past, so it is nothing new to me. I understand that we might have to bring the car in to "program it" or something in that nature....someone have any experience or the DIY'ers?
3) Does anyone have a scan or a link for the install manual? (08586-3t940)

Thank you very much,
Paul

Old 08-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota Camry RS3200 System

I had it intsalled by the port on my TCH. It works with the smart key, there are no extra fobs or anything else.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Pragmatist

The RS3200 alarm works with the smart key. The act of unlocking the door, by any of the usual means, disarms the alarm. The wiring harness has lots (lots) of cable, several controller boxes, and involves R&R a lot of plastic interior parts, but a really handy guy could probably do it. Reading the instructions, I don't see any instruction to program the thing. After reading those instructions, and considering the price difference between the parts and the fully-installed option, I had the dealer install it. (Part of the deal was that my insurance company give a discount only for OEM alarms that are installed by factory or dealer. No insurance discount for aftermarket or self-installed alarms.) If you want to see the instructions, send me your email address, and I will send you the pdf file.

Last edited by SteveHansen; 08-19-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Add insurance issue.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteveHansen
The RS3200 alarm works with the smart key. The act of unlocking the door, by any of the usual means, disarms the alarm. The wiring harness has lots (lots) of cable, several controller boxes, and involves R&R a lot of plastic interior parts, but a really handy guy could probably do it. Reading the instructions, I don't see any instruction to program the thing. After reading those instructions, and considering the price difference between the parts and the fully-installed option, I had the dealer install it. (Part of the deal was that my insurance company give a discount only for OEM alarms that are installed by factory or dealer. No insurance discount for aftermarket or self-installed alarms.) If you want to see the instructions, send me your email address, and I will send you the pdf file.
Thanks man! I sent you a PM