Toyota Steps Up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 06:33 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Toyota Steps Up!

I had really started to be down on Toyota's typical quality, regarding my 2007 TCH.

It's been better than a lot of other vehicles, but not up to what I consider to be Toyota's high standards.

I had the droopy front sun shade on the driver's side. I didn't realize that Toyota had extended the warranty on those until it was too late. I had to replace that one myself.

I have replaced two water pumps, the last one was NOT a OEM, maybe I'll have better luck this time.

I have one of the "sticky, melting" dashboards, where the plasticizer has come out of the plastic and formed a thick, gooey mess on top of the entire surface of the dashboard. It is impossible (for me) to remove, and inquiries to the dealer on how to fix, whether Toyota could help were met with stonewalling, offering to replace the dash at full retail price.

I had the "Check VSC", which I think is related to the brake accumulator?

HOWEVER:

I have recently received a letter regarding the brake accumulator. I took it in and they took care of that issue.

I recently received another letter regarding another issue that they will be fixing when enough parts are manufactured to fix (can't recall this one, I'm at work)

and HALLELUIAH:

I received a letter informing me that Toyota will be repairing the "sticky, melting dashboard" issue, as soon as enough parts are manufactured to start the repair process!

And finally, I just received a letter regarding an upgrade to the warranty relating to an excessive oil consumption issue (which I don't have).

Thank you, Toyota, for listening to your customers, and standing by your vehicles.

Thank you, Toyota customers, for holding Toyota's feet to the fire, and making them stand by their vehicles!

Old 01-21-2015, 04:49 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota Steps Up!

We have those same three warranty enhancements. Other than a water pump our '09 has been trouble free. Kudos to Toyota for stepping up on these issues, especially considering the low number of units in service.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I look at it this way.
It's not really the way car is made, it's how company stands behind its product. Proper attitude towards customers.
Also, OP, it's not that much of issues actually. I know a website with all major manufacturers OEM shop manuals, and they all start with recalls and TSBs. So Toyota has one page of those. Ford has SIXTY FOUR packed pages. Go, Fusion Hybrid, go!!

Old 02-04-2015, 09:18 PM

I don't recall receiving anything about brakes, but my breaks are fine, no problem with dashboard either, but I have high oil consumption (about a quart every 1-2k miles), for long time now. But I wonder what Toyota considers high oil consumption, since my car has 152k miles. Also wonder what the fix is. Usually oil burns when rings are not sealing properly, would they change rings here? It's a big, expensive and difficult job, easy to get it wrong. If it's something much simpler I would love to do it. My wife's Hyundai didn't burn even half a quart in 9k miles of driving and it has 102k, so my car is rather bad in comparison especially since it's been doing this almost since new.
BTW when can I find info on the breaks issue, just in case something goes wrong?

Old 02-09-2015, 06:41 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pete4
I don't recall receiving anything about brakes, but my breaks are fine, no problem with dashboard either, but I have high oil consumption (about a quart every 1-2k miles), for long time now. But I wonder what Toyota considers high oil consumption, since my car has 152k miles. Also wonder what the fix is. Usually oil burns when rings are not sealing properly, would they change rings here? It's a big, expensive and difficult job, easy to get it wrong. If it's something much simpler I would love to do it. My wife's Hyundai didn't burn even half a quart in 9k miles of driving and it has 102k, so my car is rather bad in comparison especially since it's been doing this almost since new.
BTW when can I find info on the breaks issue, just in case something goes wrong?
If memory serves me correctly, the warranty enhancements go up to 150,000 miles only. It might be in your interest to contact your dealer about the oil usage issue in hopes Toyota might be willing to repair your engine.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by sjessen
If memory serves me correctly, the warranty enhancements go up to 150,000 miles only. It might be in your interest to contact your dealer about the oil usage issue in hopes Toyota might be willing to repair your engine.
The PRIMARY coverage offers warranty enhancement unti October 31, 2016, regardless of mileage.
After the PC period ends, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 10 years from the date of the first use or 150 000 miles, whichever occurs first.