Warm Up & Lock the Doors

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 05:30 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Warm Up & Lock the Doors

Originally Posted by acco20
Am I missing something......Lets say you have the fob in your pocket, you go out to the car, start it, get out,(you still have the fob in your pocket), push the little black button on the door handle. The doors will lock and the car will continue to run. The fob does not have to be in the car for it to continue running. Walk away. Are you saying you have tried this and it did not work?
If the engine is running the car will not lock with the little black button. It will not lock using the lock button on the FOB. I never used the mechanical key. Ever. So I don't know if that will work or not with the engine running.
You CAN lock a FOB in the car using the lock button on a second FOB but not if the engine is running.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
If the engine is running the car will not lock with the little black button. It will not lock using the lock button on the FOB. I never used the mechanical key. Ever. So I don't know if that will work or not with the engine running.
You CAN lock a FOB in the car using the lock button on a second FOB but not if the engine is running.
That sucks. So there is no way to lock the car while allowing it to warm up. Sad.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by acco20
Am I missing something......Lets say you have the fob in your pocket, you go out to the car, start it, get out,(you still have the fob in your pocket), push the little black button on the door handle. The doors will lock and the car will continue to run. The fob does not have to be in the car for it to continue running. Walk away. Are you saying you have tried this and it did not work?
I tried it...........sure enough, it does not lock. really surprised. Have not tried the key...............

Old 12-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

OK, I'll probably slap myself afterwards for this but can anyone try the following ?

-Lift the driver's door handle. Keep it "pulled" and lock the door on the door's panel or via the FOB.
-While still holding the door handle "out" close the door.
-Let the door handle go.
-At this point the car should be locked.

Cheers;

MSantos