weatherstripping coming off?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 09:39 AM
blahhhhhh!
Default weatherstripping coming off?

we got our first big snowstorm of the year this weekend and after brushing off my windshield (i didn't even scrape it!) I noticed the weatherstripping was coming off at the bottom of the windshield?! has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm nervous to take it to the dealer cause I'm sure they'll just say it was cause I scraped it off, but i didn't. it's pulled away in 2 or 3 spots. boooooo

Old 12-04-2007, 01:36 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: weatherstripping coming off?

KTLane — I don't have any weatherstripping at the bottom of my 2007 TCH's windshield. I wonder what it is that you're referring to? Presumably not the molded black plastic grille that covers the cabin air intakes, etc.

Stan

Old 12-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SPL
KTLane — I don't have any weatherstripping at the bottom of my 2007 TCH's windshield. I wonder what it is that you're referring to? Presumably not the molded black plastic grille that covers the cabin air intakes, etc.

Stan

Sounds like black ice to me lol!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 02:36 PM
blahhhhhh!

ill see if i can take a picture, but its hard when you work 6-4:30, its dark when you get to work and almost dark when you come out

i dunno, maybe it's not weatherstripping, but that's the closest thing I could think of to call it?

Old 12-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Along for the ride.....

I had weatherstripping come out from the windshield on an Accord I used to own. Body shop at the dealer reglued it for free.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by SPL

Stan
There's very definitely a black rubber seal that runs the length of the bottom of my windshield. You'd have to lift the wipers to get down low enough to touch it with a scraper though.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:37 AM
blahhhhhh!

Originally Posted by rmorrow
There's very definitely a black rubber seal that runs the length of the bottom of my windshield. You'd have to lift the wipers to get down low enough to touch it with a scraper though.
i'm far too lazy for that crap

Old 12-07-2007, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by KTLane
i'm far too lazy for that crap
That's why I said "You'd have to...". I don't seriously expect that anyone actually does it.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:51 AM
SPL

rmorrow — You're correct. Now that the ice and snow have (temporarily!) melted, I can see that there is indeed a rubber gasket that runs along the bottom of the windshield glass. It seems to fit under the edge of the glass, and between the glass and the black plastic panel that has the cabin air intake vents. If this is the item that's coming out in your TCH, KTLane, it probably means that it wasn't fitted properly in the first place, and should be dealt with under warranty by the dealer.

Stan