Wix Filters

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 03:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Wix Filters

I'm finding out that many auto stores now are carrying the Wix filters. I needed a air cleaner filter for my car. I bought a wix without checking the toyota dealer price. The air cleaner was only about $15.

I removed the old air filter and looked at the rounded pleats in the filter. The Wix was very similar and the Wix was closer to the Toyota than the Fram I had bought just to compare. I prefer the wix or even better a Purolator. We don't have any auto stores within 85 miles of here that carry the Purolator filters. (manufactures the toyota filters)

I will say when you go filter hunting be sure to say, it's for the hybrid, 2.4 engine.

I called our local toyota dealer for a cabin filter. He said $35 and it's in stock. I ask, you give any discounts, yes, a shop discount or senior citizen discount. That last one is me, that bought the price down to $30 even. I told him I would sleep on it.

I then called our new O'Reilly auto store here in town. The boy looked up the Wix cabin filter number. It was the same #24483 as I found from the Wix.com/ web site. His price was $14.99 but he would have to order it for a free overnight delivery to his store. I told him no big hurry, early next week would be fine.

I read about 4 years ago that Wix manufactures the Motorcraft oil filters for Ford. I also saw they make some for the Chrysler, Dodge cars. That may have changed by now.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Wix Filters

WIX is one of the better filter manufacturers. I shun FRAM products ... even the air filters are badly made, IMHO.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Wix or Puralator air and cabin filters are my first choices

Old 06-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Pep Boys and Advanced Auto Parts handles Purolator. I found Wix at our local O'Reilly auto parts.

NAPA and Car Quest also had Wix but each had their own numbering system for their Wix filters. I rather have the original Wix filter number on the box.

You can find your Wix Filter number here:

http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/index.asp

Last edited by rburt07; 06-30-2009 at 04:34 AM.