HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

adjustable camber arms for the rear

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default adjustable camber arms for the rear

I just recently purchased and installed a set of skunk 2 adjustable rear upper control arms from king motorsports. Nobody could tell me if these, or any other kit, would work with the hybrid, but they absolutely will. Since our cars typically came from the factory with around -1.5 to -2.0 degrees camber per side, this was a factory mistake that I've been wanting to remedy for the last year. They provide plenty of adjustment should you decide to lower the vehicle as well. The only negatives I can see with this kit is the need to supply your own nuts since the factory arms have the bolts welded on as well as the lack of a bracket to hold the ABS wire. Two thick zip ties fixed that. Of course, an alignment was required after installation.

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=40
very bottom of the page

Old 08-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Default Re: adjustable camber arms for the rear

I have a set of Tein SS on my car. I have it lowered a few inches. It is interesting having high performance handling on a hybrid. Honda's suspension starts out great, but the fact we can get aftermarket performance suspension upgrades because our car is based on the civic sedan is sweet. The only problem I have is I might need stronger springs in the back because the ones that came with my coilovers don't account for the extra weight of the battery and the subs I have in the back.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've seen this as well, most springs specify "excluding hybrid", but since you've got coilovers, I doubt it makes any real difference.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm bringing this thread back for an update. Both the chassis side bushings have split on the skunk2 adjustable rear upper control arms and are causing a clunk. I'm currently trying to get replacements.