HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

anyone tried hybrid-battery-repair.com?

Old 12-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: anyone tried hybrid-battery-repair.com?

Originally Posted by LlamaLarry
I believe that I am in the market for the battery services, but your website has changed quite a bit since I first went to it. Is the only way to get battery work done now to go there in person for the removal and reinstall?
UPS delivers 3-5 batteries to me each week. In person is only an option. Please contact me directly via my contact page on my website to discuss this.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast

Well, I looked at the Civic and I will almost certainly pick it up next weekend. It showed no error codes and while the (IMA) battery was not charged when I started my test drive, it was half way charged by the end of it. So maybe I won't need your services for some time.

I never played Rivets, I really only looked at Ogre and GEV. I was near the end of my wargaming days at that point (I had played some SPI games and subscribed to S&T for a while). I got into Ogre because I liked the Keith Laumer Bolo stories. Did you ever play Diplomacy?

I remember reading that Steve Jackson games was a target in Operation Sundown (I believe it was). I read (and own) Bruce Stering's Hacker Crackdown. It sounded like Steve Jackson (Games) got an incredibly raw deal out of that (did that put him out of business?). I think the government needs to do more to deal with computers criminals domestic and foreign, but the government was very stupid and hamfisted in that case. Kind of like how they used to or maybe still claim eco-terrorists are the biggest domestic threat to our country.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Burgh with an aitch
I never played Rivets, I really only looked at Ogre and GEV. I was near the end of my wargaming days at that point (I had played some SPI games and subscribed to S&T for a while). I got into Ogre because I liked the Keith Laumer Bolo stories. Did you ever play Diplomacy?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/227660
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2192

No, I'd never heard of Bolo (although I've read some of his stories). I liked it more because of the Beserker series by Saberhagen.

Old 10-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast

My 2003 HCH battery died at approximately 93,000 miles. The dealer wanted $4,000 to replace. I used hybrid battery repair.com and replaced my battery for a little over $1,300 in spring 2010. I had my local independent service facility replace battery for about $200. It is now fall 2011 and I have not had any issues. The car now has approximately 118,000 miles. I would recommend this service.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: anyone tried hybrid-battery-repair.com?Q

Hi my name is Greg and I have an 2005 civic hybrid with 170k miles on it.. Unfortunately I am now in need of a battery. I too saw this website and was wondering if you have had any problems and if you replaced the bad cell packs or the entire battery. What was the final cost of your replacement

Old 11-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: anyone tried hybrid-battery-repair.com?Q

Hi my name is Greg and I have an 2005 civic hybrid with 170k miles on it.. Unfortunately I am now in need of a battery. I too saw this website and was wondering if you have had any problems and if you replaced the bad cell packs or the entire battery. What was the final cost of your replacement. You can send me an email at valiperti@yahoo.com