HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Buying the best grid charger

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 10:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Buying the best grid charger

Originally Posted by MaximumFuelage
I've studied Mike Dabrowski's work as an actual electronics engineer, seen his testing and jigs, thermal testing and it is contradictory to your claims.

As an experienced tig welder, I can say with certainty that your claims of thermal transfer in welded metal is bogus. I certainly wish there was a way to weld a turbocharger exhaust manifold without heating up the entire 22 pieces of welded manifold, but that's just not possible. The entire manifold gets so hot it will warp out of shape if its not bolted down to an aluminum block to transfer heat out of the metal.

In a G1 pack there are single insulated sticks. In HCH2 the sticks are welded in pairs which contribute to heat transfer between sticks.

I am certainly glad to hear you come clean to the forum and admit that you are financially compensated as a dealer installer for the product you try and steer members to for financial benefit. In the name of transparency its the least you could do however a disclaimer in your signature noting that you are an HA agent-affiliate compensated financially or otherwise for recommending HA products seems more appropriate to give the readers of your sales pitches "the full story" behind your advice.

More misinformation spread by you again. They have been selling their Pro Discharger for many years now. It is only offered only to existing MV users and recommended for extreme service duty.

I was told discharging is not necessary much of the time so they do not list it on their site. From my experience, this has proven true in my case as not all of my IMA batteries required discharging. Their discharger is interchangeable with the existing docking port and wiring harness, intermediate cable on Maxx Volts systems which makes it easy to plug in either charger or discharger directly to their on board docking port.

None of which is offered by the product you're slinging along with your misinformation. Their discharger has tapered discharge rate to reduce the chances of reversed cells unlike the system you sell that consists of an AC light fixture LITERALLY stapled to a 2x4 block of wood. Nothing says quality product like an AC light fixture and a scrap piece of 2x4 to be used on a DC IMA battery that you have to stay up all night changing light bulb in like a monkey for 24 hours straight.

Who is "He"? I dealt with a lady when I bought my units. I wasn't aware that a company had a gender. Luckily for you, HA is already paying you for your advertisements and sales pitches all over the internet. People come here for the info, not the sales pitches and referrals so if you want people to take you seriously, I would recommend you stick to data and leave the salesmanship and financially beneficial posts to paying site sponsor vendors.

Its funny you mention "cheap chinese power supplies" of a competitor of RB Batteries because last time I checked, the HA systems you keep recommending to members and reader here use cheap CHINESE MEANWELL POWER SUPPLIES and by the looks of HA new round green plastic charger cases their construction has gone even more inferior, using plastic cases that will melt in the sun when charging a car during the daytime. If I were to guess, I would say HA outsourced them to be completely made in China.

I like the way you specified GH.com as to conveniently leave out all of the other sites I have seen you on, with the same commission based sales and referral tactics. Post a little data, get readers attention and then hit them with the good ol' HA sales pitch. Like clockwork.

Mike Dabrowski started this concept. He posted a DIY long before HA knocked off his idea, copied Peter Perkins circuits and started slinging zip tied and hot melt glued power supplied boxes. All of the pics are posted on InsightCentral. It did not stop his company GenesisOne from selling hundreds of $1000+ dollar chargers to the point that it was too much and he turned the manufacturing over to another company to inherit the duties of building expensive chargers.

Nobody wants to pay commissions for sales to ebay. Lucky HA has you to direct readers to buy from you/them. Ebay however does demonstrate the current state of the market in any commodity, from IMA chargers to airpods. You can always see what is selling and for what market price. According to what I see, HA is the slowest selling, lowest demand system on ebay/market, even behind used secondhand chargers. Those are the facts.

We will have to take your word for it, but now that you have admitted
your financial affiliation and "authorized installer" status of HA products, its clear for anyone to see what is really going on here.

My screenname is maximumfuelage. You can deflect all you want however I am defending a product as a user of a system that I continue to see you badmouth. Now since you have admitted that you are in cahoots with a competitor of the product I use, its clear to see why you have tried to devalue both RBBatteries and MV, your affiliates largest competitors multiple times within this thread and throughout multiple web forums. It seems sadly that everyone is for sale and you recommendations are paid for by HA in one form or another.
I don't know who is right in this discussion but no know that you certainly come off like a much bigger *******. For that reason, I'm inclined to NOT buy whatever you're selling.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:57 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dosmastr
I don't know who is right in this discussion but no know that you certainly come off like a much bigger *******. For that reason, I'm inclined to NOT buy whatever you're selling.
I'm not selling anything here. Just pointing out the truth of the matter. Who is right? I'll let the forum readers decide for themselves. Here is the truth SKeith doesn't want the forum to know while he badmouths every more cost effective, higher quality system available than his paid HA reseller account can produce:

Name:  skeith_dealer_zpshxokznlu.jpg
Views: 3886
Size:  122.8 KB

Old 03-25-2017, 01:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

LOL...

Maxx,

It's all good. I've disclosed it MULTIPLE times now, and the fact remains, I've only "made" $40 from my relationship with HA. I have never received a single cent from them. My motivation for recommending them is in no way tied to financial interests. It's about technical superiority and consumer value. You get more with HA.

MV is more about marketing than what's best for the consumer. They make recommendations that are outright harmful, and they cripple the consumer's ability to get the most of the process just so they can brag about keeping the trunk closed. Of course, they'll "empower" the consumer with those abilities by selling them something separate that costs just as much and requires a second installation... probably in the trunk...

Old 03-25-2017, 02:00 PM
Enthusiast

Steve, or dosmaster or whatever multiple screen names you have so you can reply to yourself, marketing you ask about? LOL that's amusing coming from the financially compensated reseller of a seller that's greatest accomplishment is REGISTERING A TRADEMARK PRODUCT NAME. Bwahahaha!

Talk about marketing. Who gives a crap about trademarking a POS made in China plastic charger that melts the case in direct sunlight.

Maybe if they put together an American made product like some of their competitors such as RB Batteries, Hybrid Revolt and Maxx Volts, they wouldn't have time to waste on puffery and narcissistic self loathing worthless trademarks.

Name:  trademark_zps8ztibvhl.jpg
Views: 4026
Size:  302.5 KB

Old 03-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Maxx Volts Grid Charger Review:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...43/#post262232

Old 03-25-2017, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast

So let me get this straight?

1.You are a Dealer for HA where you are listed on their website as a reseller.

2.They pay you commissions on selling their equipment in web forums and social media promotion.

3. You just so happened to buy their competitor's system online a month ago with no ill premeditated intentions to conjure up a negative marketing campaign claiming mail fraud or some other shenanigans.

4. You get put in your place in the forums for providing false info on their competitor systems by an actual product user.

5. All of a sudden you get angry when your qualifications are questioned.

6. You choose to maliciously retaliate against your sponsor/reseller's competitor company product.

7. Amazingly the competitors product you purchased close to a month ago and signed receipt for two weeks ago (Maxx Volts sends all signature packages to insure delivery, I know as I had to sign for mine) you now claim it to be something other than a fully tested system.

It couldn't be more clear what is going on here Steven. I don't believe your nonsense for a second and I have a hard time believing that anyone that knows your history of degrading RB Batteries and Maxx Volts, while getting paid by Hybrid Automotive for positive reviews and social media marketing / reseller dealer is gonna believe your ill conceived plan to degrade a HA competitor for financial gain.

Name:  skeith_dealer_zpshxokznlu.jpg
Views: 3953
Size:  122.8 KB