HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Does anyone here knows where it is located the PCV Valve on a HCH 1?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default Does anyone here knows where it is located the PCV Valve on a HCH 1?

I have three days searching all over the web trying to find the location of the PCV Valve on a 2004 honda civic hybrid, and still cant find it. In pepboys they told me is in the back of the engine, my mechanic says is in the front; but i cant find it in the front, back, or in top of the engine.

Please, any help will be widely appreciated,
Thanks.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Think green.
Default Re: Does anyone here knows where it is located the PCV Valve on a HCH 1?

Read this thread:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...acement-11611/

Old 12-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Does anyone here knows where it is located the PCV Valve on a HCH 1?

Originally Posted by Gairwyn
Whattt!!! Take off the intake manifold just to change a **** PCV Valve??? why did Honda made it so difficult? that has been so easy to change with other cars I've had. Everything is so difficult with this car .

Thanks a lot Gairwyn.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Think green.

Found another link; maybe you don't really have to do what the manual is saying:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1160929AAj0AQw

So far I haven't found a link from one of the Honda online parts websites that shows a good picture of this, but if I find one I will post the link here.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Think green.

So far, still no luck with the Honda parts websites, but here's a pic of an engine bay ('03 and '04 are similar enough for this explanation):

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._02.html#photo

To the extreme right is the 12V battery, a bit more to the left, the cover for the air cleaner element, a bit more to the left, the IMA cover, etcetera.

If you remove the IMA cover, and look just to the left of the large hose coming from the air cleaner element, you should see the location of the PCV valve. There is a small hose attached to the PCV valve. You should be looking straight at it. I wish I could explain it better, but that's the best this girl can do.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gairwyn
Found another link; maybe you don't really have to do what the manual is saying:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1160929AAj0AQw

So far I haven't found a link from one of the Honda online parts websites that shows a good picture of this, but if I find one I will post the link here.
Alright, thanks. One guy in there says that the PCV Valve is mounted on top of the valve cover, but is definitely not in there, i have look closely all over the valve cover. I guess the only option is having to remove the entire intake manifold, but I've never taken it apart, so I'm a little scare. I already bought the PCV Valve

Old 12-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Think green.

Edwin,

check your PM box. I sent you a PM.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Enthusiast

Gairwyn, thank you very much for your help. I already responded to your message, i will wait for your response.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Think green.

Edwin, I sent you another message.

Why don't you ask over at www.cleanmpg.com and see if anyone there has replaced the PCV valve on their HCH I. Maybe there is an easier way to get to it.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:50 PM
Enthusiast

It is under the intake manifold. I just replaced it. My MPG was down to 32mpg. It shot back up to 40 now. The reason I replaced it was I was burning a lot of oil.
It took me 2 days and was very frustrating. I took off a lot of unnecessary bolts. Follow these guidelines.
1. Remove plastic covers.
2. Remove throttle body. 4 bolts.
3. Remove 3 bolts and 2 nuts holding on intake manifold.
4. Here is the hard part. Remove 2 bolts holding the intake manifold from under the car. These are very very hard to get to. I drained the radiator because I thought I would have to remove a hose that was in the way. It turned out, I removed the bolt without taking the hose off. Go after the 12mm bolts, not the 10mm bolts.
5. You do not have to take the manifold out. Just pull it back far enough to get the PCV valve out.
6. My PCV valve was clearly plugged. Good Luck!