HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

IMA Problems on my Civic!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Enthusiast
Default IMA Problems on my Civic!

Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum and I have found tons of useful info here.
I encountered some problems with the IMA this past week. The regen/assist dont show anything while driving and the battery meter is completely down. I had to remove the 12V battery and manually recharge it since the IMA is not providing for its recharge.
After driving around a little bit more, I kind of concluded that my IMA battery could be the problem.
But some weird thing happened the other day, the car starts normally (with the electric motor) and it displayed full battery on the meter, but it dropped rapidly without any assistance a few minutes after.
My dad and I removed the seat yesterday and manually measured the voltage of the battery. We noticed that the voltage read around 100V and rapidly dropped.
We took it to the dealer to get it diagnosed. They only got the codes from the computer and asked me to bring it on Monday. It only has the check engine light on, no IMA light is displaying. I know that it has the codes P1570 and P1600, but according to the dealer the whole system is bad.
I am fairly new to this cars, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by DJ-Zhuy; 02-23-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Think green.
Default Re: IMA Problems on my Civic!

If you do a google search by entering "p1570 honda civic hybrid", you should get a page with a few links relating to that specific code.