HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Orange IMA warning light turned on.. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Orange IMA warning light turned on.. HELP!

I bought a '03 civic hybrid from a Jeep dealership last month. 75k miles so I opted to get the two year "bumper-2-bumper" warranty that Jeep offered. Today the orange IMA light came on during 50 mph driving on the highway. The manual says there's something wrong with the accelerator when this happens. The car seems to be accelerating as normal. There is a $100 dedictible on my warranty so I don't want to bring it in if I don't have to.

What does this mean?

Why did it happen?

Can I fix it myself?

Thanks anyone!

-Aimee

Old 12-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Orange IMA warning light turned on.. HELP!

Unless your Jeep dealer is also a Honda dealer, it is likely that they will be unable to resolve or diagnose the problem. I would take it in to a Honda dealer and have them plug in and read the trouble code to diagnose the problem. It's likely to cost less than your deductible. Knowing the exact problem is the best place to begin.

You might also explore the exact terms of your "warranty" and find out if it covers work performed at Honda dealers, or just at the dealership you purchased the car from.

Good luck to you. Let us know how it works out.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:34 AM
Hybrid True Believer
Default Re: Orange IMA warning light turned on.. HELP!

The only time it lit up on my car was when the car's software crashed. There was a firmware update that the dealer installed that fixed the prolem. My guess is that your car never got the software patch.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Enthusiast
Lightbulb Re: Orange IMA warning light turned on.. HELP!

UPDATE

The orange light turned off by itself!!! This started exactly four days ago and spontaneously resolved on its own. Thank God.

I will alert my Honda dealer about what happened when I take the car in for its 80K check-up and oil change and keep you guys notified just in case this happens to anyone else.

Thanks for all the help!

-Aimee (California)