HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Recall: Software update

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:39 PM
Vegetarian
Post Recall: Software update

Sorry if this is old news...
I was at my dealer today trying to get my fuel door fixed (they didn't have the part), but the lady who was helping me said there was a recall for my car, a software update. There wasn't anything about it on Owner Link, so I thought I'd let you all know in case you need it too, you might want to call you dealers.
So far I haven't noticed anything different, except that I took the car in displaying 60.1 MPG (over ~100 miles) and got it back at 56.0 MPG and with a low battery. Oh well.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:29 AM
The New Guy
Default Re: Recall: Software update

Anyone else know the reason or name of this update? This is kind of along the lines of what I was looking for in my post on Catchup Maintenance. It would not surprise me that my used HCH has had (or missed) several types of updates/repairs under the previous owner.

Thanks Katie!

Old 08-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Enthusiast

This could be it:

http://hybridcars.about.com/od/owner...cHybridECM.htm

Old 08-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If that's it, then it seems to be too late for any of us. That particular notice says that the software is free only before July 31, 2006. It also says that it is only a problem if Honda sent you a letter saying that it is a problem. For those of us who bought the car used, there is a concern, but otherwise, there would not seem to be.

Good luck!

Old 08-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Vegetarian

Hmmm... I don't think that's it... only because when I got my oil changed back in March they didn't say anything about it to me then. And also they did the update for me for free, and it was after that one was said to "expire."

Old 08-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

So far everyone I've met at my Honda dealer is an idiot. I bought the car in spite of a terrible salesperson and terrible finance guy. I've been putting off the software update because I'd rather have a sharp stick in the eye as let them touch my car. Honda sent me a reminder card that time was running out on the "free" service. It is good to hear that it is still free, in case I decide to let them monkey with my car....

Old 08-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

I could not even renew my registration until the update was done. I even had to provide "proof" that it was performed. The dealer gave me a little pink paper proving it they did it. I then had to go back to the DMV a give them the pink paper before I could receive my tags.

By the way; before the update I was averaging around 48mpg, now I lucky if I can reach 42.

Howard

Old 09-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I recieved a software update recall notice more than a year ago, and whatever needed doing was done then. I've received nothing since then.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Well I needed an oil change and didn't want to freeze in the cold so I let the Honda Dealer change the oil and do the update at the same time. I must admit that the service was quite good. They provided shuttle service to and from my home, the didn't use half a tank of gas doing the idle set, and the car was clean when I got it back. The dealership has changed names since I bought the car so maybe the new folks are better or maybe service has always been pretty good?

Anyhow my battery showed empty and the mileage went from the eighties to the fifties for the tank after the update. I've already got it back up to the high sixties and the car really does not seem any different. It is possible that they only checked the software and did not need to update it...

Old 02-25-2007, 03:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lakedude
Well I needed an oil change and didn't want to freeze in the cold so I let the Honda Dealer change the oil and do the update at the same time. I must admit that the service was quite good. They provided shuttle service to and from my home, the didn't use half a tank of gas doing the idle set, and the car was clean when I got it back. The dealership has changed names since I bought the car so maybe the new folks are better or maybe service has always been pretty good?

Anyhow my battery showed empty and the mileage went from the eighties to the fifties for the tank after the update. I've already got it back up to the high sixties and the car really does not seem any different. It is possible that they only checked the software and did not need to update it...

From my update experience the battery having no charge indicates the software update was installed. My battery , had absolute no charge bars showing in any fashion, which is a situtaion that never happened before and never happened since, my guess your software was updated

Quick Reply: Recall: Software update

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands