HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

What to inspect during Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What to inspect during Test Drive

LOL you crack me up. Check the graph in my thread, it's live updated. Has some wackiness in self discharge now, some sticks showing their accelerated wear.

I'll update with a graph of the less frequent stick readings later, and hope I'm not scolded for not proving enough context.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Ah... without new posts, they don't show up as new, nor do I get notifications.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Enthusiast

By the way, I purchased an Insight today! I guess I should create a post despite the recent antipathy I've received from the moderators.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Ah... without new posts, they don't show up as new, nor do I get notifications.
Yeah, that was kind of the point, stay under the radar, not aggravate the moderators by making them read my postings.

Old 01-06-2017, 11:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

i'm in NJ just outside Philly

Old 01-07-2017, 01:38 AM
Enthusiast

Pretty sure there are a bunch of Insight enthusiasts in that area. Look them up and connect with them. Different car, but battery treatment strategies pretty much identical. Only thing to watch out for is Civic's fan is a bit trickier to drive inside the car, and I haven't played with that myself yet. I currently condition my battery out of the car.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

I was actually thinking of finding a beefier or additional fan for the battery pack and installing it. The hybird shop in Philly says its insufficient and most of the batts they see have overheated.... It does get warm here but its not freaking TX!

Congrats on the Insight buy!! Hope you have better luck than I have had!

Old 01-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Enthusiast

I don't think it's necessary for the civic hybrid to get beefier fan, the OEM fan is already capable of blowing like a hurricane if the IMA sensors deem it's needed. Your time and energy is better spent researching and understanding grid charging.

I already knew the Insight has bad battery, so no luck needed in that department It should be fun for sure.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dosmastr
I was actually thinking of finding a beefier or additional fan for the battery pack and installing it. The hybird shop in Philly says its insufficient and most of the batts they see have overheated.... It does get warm here but its not freaking TX!

Congrats on the Insight buy!! Hope you have better luck than I have had!
I live in AZ. Don't talk to me about heat.

John is correct. The IMA fan in the HCH1 and HCH2 is ridiculously powerful. The shop in philly doesn't know what they're talking about. If it's an actual "the hybrid shop" affiliate, I'm certain they don't know what they're talking about.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
If it's an actual "the hybrid shop" affiliate, I'm certain they don't know what they're talking about.
Yessir that be the one.
http://www.savagehybridshop.com/

And I thank you for warning me! I was going to take it to them for a once over!!

Quick Reply: What to inspect during Test Drive

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands