HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

2010 HCHII, Vibration During Stop and Go Traffic

Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy 2010 HCHII, Vibration During Stop and Go Traffic

I have had a 2010 Civic Hybrid for a few months, and although it is quite easy and fun to drive, it has become a bit annoying.

In particular, when I drive in stop and go traffic, or when I am in a drive through, I will feel vibration at the steering wheel almost immediately after autostop disengages.

It is especially noticeable when I am not applying any gas, but simply trying to let the car pull itself forward only slightly. It also seems worse on hills, so I think it may have something to do with the engine struggling under load without any gas, causing vibration.

Does anybody else have this problem? I have taken it to the dealer, and they said its normal, but I figured I should check this forum as well.

Thanks!

Old 04-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: 2010 HCHII, Vibration During Stop and Go Traffic

Definitely not normal, but I couldn't tell you what the problem might be.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2010 HCHII, Vibration During Stop and Go Traffic

Definitely a problem, I also have a 2010 HCH with 15K miles and no problems, take it in and have them check it thoroughly.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Enthusiast

You mean that slight vibration when u r in very low speed , it's absolutely Normal

Old 05-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Enthusiast

might be the idle air control valve

Old 05-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Enthusiast

I took the car to the dealership, they said it was a "characteristic" of the vehicle, its how the vehicle runs. I uploaded this video with the problem. Anyone else get this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J54eqoXy5z4

Please let me know if you have experienced this. Basically, if you let off the brakes from a complete stop, apply the gas slightly, keep speed under 2mph, creep forward slightly, press brakes, the rpm drops to about 500, and the car will vibrate.

Anyone else see this too?

Old 05-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

well, I think what you have is it is trying to go into auto stop, I have seen this when it is not quite ready for auto stop just at the point it is starting to be warm enough but just not quite....you are not going into auto stop, the temp gague looks like it is not quite warmed up may be short a segment or two....so, what I suspect is that this is normal, it is too warm for the fast cold idle, it is too cold for auto stop so, it is thinking about it but noooootttt quite there....I also notice you only have 289 miles with about a third tank remaining...you must not be getting very good mileage...IS your auto stop working? are you loosing auto stop after 2 stops in heavy trafic? the recall update that some people love, some hate will give you multiple auto stops when warmed up and the battery is as charged as yours...might consider it.