HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

4 questions

Old 03-08-2017, 07:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default 4 questions

Is there any document showing how to do the valve adjustment? I dont think mine needs it, but it cant hurt to check, and it beats paying 200 again like I did 12miles ago.

How do I get that rubber/plastic cowl cover faring off that is blocking access to the back spark plugs and coils?? It would be essential to getting the valve adjustment done.

I think I have done most things to increase mileage, but isthere something else such as doing a "sea foam" operation? Im looking for an easier alternative that doesnt smoke up the neighborhood with petroleum.

Lastly, is there an alternative to the plastic plug/screw things that keep in the plastic under aero shield? They all broke taking them out, and in my case there where no washers and screws to help, so whoever the last owner or previous, didnt put those back. As it is I dont even use that under aero shield as it as such a hassle to get it off. Also what screw type/diameter is needed to keep them in place? I am wanting to put in back on for the sake of mileage, but it cant be flapping around loud like last time.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 4 questions

1) Not sure.
2) The entire cowl comes off with maybe 5-7 bolts? Volts along the front perimeter )maybe just one) and ends (2-3 each side). Have to remove the plastic covers outboard and under the wipers.
3) No. Just periodically run injector cleaner through it a few times a year.
4) With a little research, you can identify the Honda part number. You can then usually find large quantities of them on Amazon or eBay for much cheaper.