HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Another battery problem and some questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Enthusiast
Default Another battery problem and some questions

Hello friends. After 2,5 years with a HCH II i have to change my hybrid battery. Frequent recalibrations for the last 6 months and finally the IMA light on. The service code indicates a battery fault and luckily the dealer will replace to me the batteries with no cost. But i would like to ask some questions :

1. the cost of the battery here in Greece is 6.000 euros (about 8.500 USD). Is this normal or it is extremely high ?

2. are the new batteries working better ? has Honda changed something or we are propably going to face the same problems in the near future ?

3. are the new batteriew stronger , with more electric capacity than the old ones ?

Old 08-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Another battery problem and some questions

Here they are about $3000.00. I would say yours is very high. Hope you still have warranty, if not I would have someone rebuild it! Probably only one stick is bad anyway. If your Dealer is willing to install a new one , then go for it! H

Old 08-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Arrow Re: Another battery problem and some questions

I agree with Harold regarding the price. I don't know of any improvement to the battery, but here the battery warranty provides lengthy coverage beyond the ordinary vehicle warranty.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks friends. Thanks god i have a warranty , in Greece the warranty for the batteries is seven years from the day you buy the car , so at 2.5 years i am OK. But , is there a total rpoble with the hybrid batteries for HONDA or not ? What do you believe ?

Old 09-01-2011, 10:29 AM

Honda has gone to a new design for 2012 so it will be interesting to see how it performs over the next few years! The new pack can not be used in the HCH2 models.So if nobody comes up with a better replacement for the HCH2, then I believe we will have to live with what we have. I am pleased with my 06 . It gives me great FE and the car is great to drive. I could not ask for more! H