HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Battery refurbish in process - IMAX B6

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery refurbish in process - IMAX B6

All I did was change the fluid. Nothing else. Problem went away for about a year and a half. Needs changing again but $50 every year or so beats transmission service in my book any day. Can't guarantee you will get the same results but many people I read a out online had similar results. Give it a shot.

Ross

Old 06-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I will give it a shot and see how it goes.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast

Here it a bit of interesting info. My check engine light was on with code P0420 showing the first catalytic converter was bad. The computer uses the upstream and downstream O2 sensors on either side of the converter and compares the voltage values and if the are close to the same value then the converter isn't doing its job and a code is then triggered. Honda is about the only place you can get the first cat and it cost about $970 (I would not chance using a junk yard cat). Anyway, I found this stuff called Cata-Clean made by Mr. Gasket part number 120007 and it cost $25 a bottle. I have never heard of a product cleaning a cat and I have been in the business a long time, however I felt it was worth a shot. Before the long term O2 fuel trim was about .445V on upstream and .425V on downstream, clearly the cat wasn't doing jack. The bottle said to run the car to about 4 gallons (I ran it down to 3), add the whole bottle, drive about 10-15 miles then fill up the tank and drive normal. I followed these direction with two bottles and two tanks of gas. The check engine light went off by itself and after clearing the PCM's keep alive memory and driving 300 miles then O2 sensors now show about .445V on upstream and .245V on downstream. The light is out and the cat seems to be functioning as it should. How long the cat continues to perform well remains to be seen but I'm still surprised that the bottle did what it said.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Enthusiast

I followed the advice of Ross and changed my transmission fluid to fix the shudder problem. I drain the trans (about 3 quarts) and refilled with Honda CVT fluid, I still had the shudder. So I cycled the fluid through the tranny to mix the old and new, drained and refilled with another 3 quarts, still had a shudder. So as a last resort I followed the Honda procedures for fixing the problem and performed a burnishing treatment on it (found at https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...47534661,d.dmQ)

And low and behold the shudder is gone after following steps 1 through 11.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Enthusiast

I have a question. I just built the grid charger with digikey parts off of page 14 and 15. Is there any way to adjust the milliamps or is it just you get what you get? I know you can adjust the voltage on the power supplies but is that all you can control?

Old 06-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Enthusiast

The battery is put back together and grid charged to 189.4V. Has anyone installed the IMA battery at this state of charge or let it settle back to 158V before installing it?

Old 07-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Enthusiast

I finished the refurbish process and installed the new battery in the car. It runs great. 300 miles so far and no recals, as well as plenty of assist and more auto stops. All in all saved well over $1000 and I have begun the process again with the battery I took out of the car.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brad.P
The battery is put back together and grid charged to 189.4V. Has anyone installed the IMA battery at this state of charge or let it settle back to 158V before installing it?
You can install the battery at any voltage. As long as you cycle the 12V battery prior to reconnecting

Old 08-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah Hunter I found that out. My first battery has 5500 miles on it and still no recals, and I'm about to finish my second IMA battery refurbish.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

rossfree, how long did this battery last?

Quick Reply: Battery refurbish in process - IMAX B6

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands