HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

bye bye!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default bye bye!

I traded in my 2006 HCH this weekend. It just crossed over the 90K mark and was sad to let it go. Forced with the decision to replace the battery soon or ditch it, I opted with the trade in.

Over the last 1year I was noticing the hybrid battery starting to do forced recalls almost every morning. Finally the IMA light came on and Honda was "forced" to put the SW patch before i could complain to Honda NA about the battery failure. Even sometimes it would lose a full charge over night. But other than that, the car was great. I still had original brakes on it and I did not have any costly repairs!
During the early years I would easily get over 50-60 mpgs with no problem.

But years later, it felt sluggish during forced recharges. To the point that it could be dangerous crossing traffic. Im really disappointed at hybrid technology and i would have thought it would really catch on by now.
Being "green" nowadays seems more like the trendy word to use. Most dont care about 50mpgs, they all comment that you have to replace a dying battery.
I feel like i have to defend my self for buying a hybrid. I dont feel like it was a waste or a bad decision. I loved it!

I was also disappointed in my honda service center, that really didnt give a crap that the battery was slowly dying. Shame as I didnt buy another Honda!