HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Class action?? (not my idea!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Engineering first
Unhappy Class action?? (not my idea!)

Hi folks,

"I don't have a dog in this fight" but this came up in my Google news alert for hybrid electrics:

http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/vindu...-civic-hybrid/

California musician John True has never gotten close to the fuel economy advertised by Honda for his Civic hybrid. Instead of the 49 mpg city/51 mpg highway, he says he averaged just 32 mpg in 6,000 miles of mixed driving.

Rather than just complain about it, True has filed a class action lawsuit against Honda, reports MediaNews. (AutoblogGreen published an interview with True in which he discusses his experience with the Civic hybrid and why he filed the suit.)
. . .
With what I know about hybrids, it is entirely possible to drive a hybrid and get terrible mileage. Just look at the bottom of the hybrid database entries. My attempts to PM folks in the low end to help them get better mileage have not been terribly successful. But to have someone sue for poor mileage, this is bad in so many ways . . .

Bob Wilson

Old 07-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Pale Driver
Default Re: Class action?? (not my idea!)

I agree-bad idea. MPG is very much affected by driver habits. Besides, those mileage figures come from the government, do they not?

Old 07-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Class action?? (not my idea!)

This is now at least the third post on this lawsuit. There's more comments in the other 2 postings. I wonder if these can all be merged into one?