GreenHybrid Interactive Hybrid Car Resource
Home Discuss Articles Compare Share Shop
GreenHybrid.com   Hybrid Car Forums   Tech Information   Mileage & Specs   Photo Gallery   Buying Guide  
GreenHybrid Mileage Database - Click here to track your MPG! Join Hybrid car discussions today - Create a FREE GreenHybrid Account

Go Back   GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > Honda Motor Company/Acura > Honda Civic Hybrid > HCH II-Specific Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006+

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Hyper-Everything'er

Hybrids: 2008 HCHII
Default DIY Fog light install

I'm getting the fog light kit for my '08 and planning on doing the install myself. The instructions posted here don't look very daunting with the exception of a single step.

Page 12, step 53, says
Quote:
Because the battery was disconnected, you need to enter the Honda multi-matic feedback signal as described in the service manual.
Now I'm fairly handy, but this doesn't sound like something I can do. I haven't seen this step on any of the other installs I've done that require battery disconnect (ex. the dimming mirror), but I'm wondering what it means.

Can anyone interpret what it means?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid
Default Re: DIY Fog light install

This is the link to my install a year ago: http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f...-hch-ii-23479/

It may prove useful prior to the start of your project.

Cheers

Mike

2008 Prius
My daily driver since 27 Jan 2012
Old 01-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Hyper-Everything'er

Hey Navguy, thanks for the link. I did a search but didn't see that thread in the results. Looks like a nice how-to that you posted.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

Not a problem.

I know the check-list technique at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/382142...a-civic/page-6 may seem like overkill, but I remember going thru all the research and still having to do some things on the fly.

One note: within weeks of the install, I had to replace the glass lenses with Dupont Poly-carbonate. You may want to do that as a precaution prior to water infiltrating the sealed units due to glass breakage.

Good luck with you project.

Cheers

Mike

2008 Prius
My daily driver since 27 Jan 2012
Old 01-25-2011, 12:17 AM
Hyper-Everything'er

Thanks for the head's up. I have some 3M protector film I'll cut to fit the lenses... see if that provides any protection from rocks and shattering at all.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Hybrids: 2007 Honda Civic

I'd like to second the idea of putting protective film over the fog light lenses. I have had to replace 2 lenses because of rock damage. After I covered them with 3M Stoneguard, I have not had any problems.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:14 AM
Hyper-Everything'er

Started and finished the install last night using the instructions I linked to in my OP. Was a piece of cake. Thanks for the encouragement, everyone.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:14 AM

Tags
2009, altima, camry, diy, fog, install, instructions, lamps, lens, light, lights, nissan, prius, shattered, toyota