HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Finally a Trunk Tray for the Civic Hybrid!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Pimpin ain't easy!
Default Finally a Trunk Tray for the Civic Hybrid!

Finally there's a trunk tray for the Civic Hybrid. I called a bunch of dealerships around my area and they're not in stock (unless shipments of them are in). You have to special order them. I'm going to pick mine up today...

Here's a link from ebay, somehow i couldn't google it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...spagenameZWD1V

And you have to specify that it's a 2007 Civic Hybrid Trunk tray, if you call your dealership. It won't show under 2006.

Old 12-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Finally a Trunk Tray for the Civic Hybrid!

Thanks for the information, felix. After you've installed the tray, could you please confirm that it fits properly in the 2006 HCH? Also, is it difficult to install (since the trunk opening is smaller than the trunk footprint)? Perhaps it is bendable and that's how you are able to wedge/force it into place?...

Just thought of one more question; does the tray cover the entire footprint print of the trunk, or does it leave some area exposed?

Thanks.

Last edited by MrBond; 12-15-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Pimpin ain't easy!

Mrbond,

The trunk tray fits PERFECTLY. It's made of plastic/rubber so it's bendable to fit in. As far as fitting the footprint (not sure what that means), but if you're asking if it fits the entire trunk, then yes... There are no gaps.. I took some pictures for you...*NOTE: If you're going to get it from your dealer, tell them it's the trunk tray for the 2007 Civic Hybrid. If they search by 2006, it may not show up in their inventory...

Old 12-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

So, having never had a trunk tray...what exactly are the benefits, if you don't haul muddy things in your trunk?

Old 12-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I had this in my CR-V. It was useful since I had dogs ride back there. But, they are not allowed in my hybrid. There is another car I use when taking them some place. I can't imagine putting something in the trunk, no less the inside, that is dirty. But, good added protection I guess. Glad to see they made a hybrid specific trunk tray.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:38 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

is the 07 hyrid's trunk different from the 06?

Old 12-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Pimpin ain't easy!

Originally Posted by JordanCS
So, having never had a trunk tray...what exactly are the benefits, if you don't haul muddy things in your trunk?
There are different things i put in the trunk... Such as: left over food (food has spilled over and leaked in my car getting all over in the trunk carpet); my dirty shoes; my kid's stroller; well since it's a small car, and i have 2 kids, everything that's not my kids or my wife, goes into the trunk... And with all the stuff in the trunk, the items could really rough up and dirty the trunk area. With the trunk tray, if anything spills over, any dirt that gets in, all i have to do is spray it down w/water.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Pimpin ain't easy!

Originally Posted by 06hch2
is the 07 hyrid's trunk different from the 06?
The trunk in the 06 is the same in 07

Old 12-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

That looks really nice.
Too nice to get dirty.
Do they also sell a protector for it?

Old 12-16-2006, 02:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just throw a huge black towel back there. It protects and stops stuff from moving around. That tray looks like it would be like an ice rink back there for stuff

Quick Reply: Finally a Trunk Tray for the Civic Hybrid!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands