HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Honda Owners Survey New HCH Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Aspiring Hypermiler
Default Honda Owners Survey New HCH Owners?

I own an HCH-II, and took delivery in March 2007. I just received my first survey from Honda via my personal email address.

Unfortunately when I click the link in the email to start the survey, the following error message appears.

Thank you for visiting the Honda Ownership Survey site. Either your session timed out or you do not have access to this site. Session timeouts happen automatically after 20 minutes of inactivity for security purposes. If you were taking a survey, please return to the survey by clicking the original link in your email invitation. Any responses you submitted have been stored.

Bottom line is my access to the survey is denied. I emailed Honda research to report this problem over 1 week ago and have not received a reply.

I have two thoughts about all of this:

1. As a frequent new car buying household (avg buy 2 new cars every 2-3 years), I have never seen a car manufacturer less interested in surveying it's new owners than Honda. The one invitation from Honda after 5 months of ownership does not work due to some technicality, and I confess that I am a bit annoyed. In our experience, the manufacturers of our other recent car buys (Daimler/Chrysler and Subaru) have frequently surveyed us for our input about the new ownership experience. But not Honda. Honda engineers and builds great products, but the company falls short on customer service.

2. The department at Honda that conducts the survey research has not replied to my email about the technical problem which has blocked my access to the online survey.

Oh well, at least I can say that I am very pleased with my HCH-II and am very glad I bought that car. Honda is missing an opportunity to get my input on their survey, and has lost some respect in the process due to their lack of interest and responsiveness to my inquiry.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Old 08-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Honda Owners Survey New HCH Owners?

Honda engineers and builds great products, but the company falls short on customer service.
May because they know they build such great products, they don't need your input. . JK

Old 08-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Part Time Hybrids

Do you use a Mac? When I left PC's behind I found that the basic Safari browser isn't supported as much as other downloadable ones. It could have been a browser related error, I used to see them quite abit. I couldn't use online forums or had email link trouble. If you a fellow apple user I would suggest downloading Firefox browser.

Also just because a car maker doesn't send you mail and survey's every month doesn't mean they care. Here Manchester Honda is always there to answer questions at the dealer, and ready to service your car quickly and efficently. Honda offers quick oil changes, express service, and free transportation! Honda sells good products and takes care of the buyers.

All said, you did buy a civic

It may seem rude, but if you took a car worth 24,000 and one worth 46,000 chances are the dealer will treat you with a little more effort at the 46,000 dealership. Like Evian water instead of poland springs!

Old 08-26-2007, 02:25 AM
Enthusiast

That's funny because I did not give an e-mail address and so far I have received 3 different surveys in the mail from Honda and the dealer and I have only had the car about 6 weeks.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I got a few surveys and phone calls within the first month or so of owning my HCHII. After that, I haven't gotten any. It seems like it would be more valuable to survey the consumer a few months after they have owned the car, so they have adjusted to it better.