HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

IMA Battery Warranty Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA Battery Warranty Replacement

NAVGUY12

As for the software update, not sure how this would effect your '09 because this is THE software from the factory for the '09, '10 and '11.
This is especially interesting because, I was charged $82.00 to have a diagnostic done, the result of which was that the vehicle "needed numerous software updates that should have been done earlier".

If what I was told by the service guy at the dealership is accurate, this would necessitate all HCH owners of vehicles purchased when mine was purchased (2/20/09) take their vehicles to their dealer for those same updates. Of course, this is the case only if NO updates were necessary after my vehicle was manufactured.

I hope that the "update" downloaded into my vehicle was an actual solution to the issue that I presented the car with and not "new" software downloaded to mask that issue by causing the "service engine" and "IMA" lights to go out. As I've written above, there has been an mpg reduction of between 5 & 8 mpg since the updates were input.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The software is really only a solution if you aren't having issues yet from my own experience.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Enthusiast

I don't get the high cost of having the software updates performed on the car. They're already done free when you bring the car to the dealer for an oil change, as they hook up the diagnostic system at the same time and update all software (IMA/CVT/etc). Almost would have made sense to pay the <$50 for a dealer oil change and just getting the software updates free.

I was lucky enough to get my hybrid battery replaced slightly OUT of warranty. Car is roughly 5 years old, but had around 87-88k on it. My experiences here...

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...tml#post240113

Old 12-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just received updated settlement forms from the class action lawsuits brought against Honda.

For 2003-2009 purchasers of an HCH they offer a $100 cash refund plus either $500 (transferrable) or $1,000 (non-transferrable) towards purchase of a new Honda.

For 2006-2008 specifically they offer an additional $100 cash refund plus extension of the IMA battery warranty by 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes sooner. So 92k miles on the IMA battery or 9 years.

Mine is 4.5 years old and only 27k miles logged so far and no issues with the IMA yet, but it is comforting to know I've got another 4.5 years or 65k miles left on this thing.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just received updated settlement forms from the class action lawsuits brought against Honda.
Chicago: can you attach a PDF file of same?

I have 12 days to my 'show and tell' at the dealer (here in Eastern Ontario) and I want to have any argument available that my (now daily) recal's, no e-assist, dwindling fuel economy, etc is not 'just me'

Thanks

Cheers

Mike

Old 12-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Enthusiast

Details for the HCH 2003-2009 class action settlement are available at www.hchsettlement.com

Those who purchased or leased a HCH in the USA may be eligible for the settlement. There is a subclass in the settlement for model years 2006-2008.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the info and links.

am a member of the MY 2006-2008 Subclass, and I am dissatisfied with the performance of the IMA Battery in my HCH and/or the July 2010 Software Update and am not electing to participate in the Dispute Resolution Program (ADR). I would like to claim the additional $100 cash payment.
Interesting that the courts have allowed this to be heard in March 2012.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Have you seen http://www.dontsettlewithhonda.org/
? The lady is going forward with a small claims lawsuit to bypass class action and actually get something meaningful- she is asking for $10k, and suggesting others do the same.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've been thinking the same- it takes them so little effort to plug things in, not to mention having to pay for something usually gets you something. In this case, most of the updates take things away, so who should be paying whom for them?

Originally Posted by reedog117
I don't get the high cost of having the software updates performed on the car. They're already done free when you bring the car to the dealer for an oil change, as they hook up the diagnostic system at the same time and update all software (IMA/CVT/etc). Almost would have made sense to pay the <$50 for a dealer oil change and just getting the software updates free.]

Old 01-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default can you have bat probs without a light?

I have a 2007 HCH civic hybrid. I do notice that when at stop, it often idles with the gas motor (is this what was meant earlier in a prior post that the starter motor was working?). My mileage is about 38-39 mpg, but I drive it pretty hard, about 70mph in nor cal for commuting on highway, about 40 miles each way. My questions are: 1) is it possible to have a battery problem when you have no check engine or bat warning lights on, and if so, what are the signs to look for and 2) do I have all my software updates as I've always gone to the dealer for oil changes?

I just recently got the settlement letter this week and this opened my eyes to all the issues. Otherwise I've had no major problems with it other than the Dunlops wearing out much too quickly (better results with Michelins)/

Thanks for the info and the discussion.

Quick Reply: IMA Battery Warranty Replacement

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands