HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Important Warranty Information for CA, NY, ME, VT, MA & CT Residents

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Important Warranty Information for CA, NY, ME, VT, MA & CT Residents

I did not purchase an extended warranty. However, after reading a thread in this forum, I noticed that many individuals based all or part of their decision to geto one on worries related to the IMA battery and the emissions-related components of the vehicle. So, I decided to research exactly what is covered. My findings surprised me and I wanted to pass them along.

It turns out that there is a MUCH more extensive warranty in place on key hybrid components including emissions (15 years / 150,000 miles) and the IMA battery (10 years / 150,000 miles) for drivers in CA, NY, ME, VT, MA and CT. This is above and beyond the 8 years / 80,000 mile warranty everyone else gets.

See the information posted on Honda's website below:

http://automobiles.honda.com/info/news/article.asp?ArticleID=2006031670437

I guess I was surprised since the dealer failed to mention it when trying to push the extended warranty. So, just to be absolutely certain, I checked the back of the Honda Warranty Manual. It breaks down the coverage in more detail. The AT-PZEV warranty on emissions and the IMA battery covers a lot of critical / expensive components (like the oxygen sensor) and renders the extended warranty obsolete in these areas.

Of course, the extended warranty may be a wise investment for other components of the vehicle.

Old 06-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Important Warranty Information for CA, NY, ME, VT, MA & CT Residents

Thanks for the info. There seems to be a lot of electronic components that will be covered under the extended. Some of that goes out and I'm sure it'd be big bucks. IMO with an extended things will be pretty much worry free. It's a real bonus if you don't happen to go over the extended warranty miles.