HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Just won battery lotto

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Just won battery lotto

Many here are aware of my 09 HCH battery issues, tonight at 59k kms my IMA light came on.....cha ching. This will cure my dealership woes with not replacing my pack. I think resetting 12 volt battery helped it along as my system went recal ballistic over the last 3 days after pulling the neg terminal and letting it reset the vehicle computer.

Last edited by fuelmiser; 10-06-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just won battery lotto

Keep us posted. I'm still on my original 12v on my 2006. Still puts out over 12.5v after sitting all night! And good luck with the new pack. H

Old 10-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

It's in at the shop, advised the Service person I won't pick it up until it is has a new IMA battery. Probably next week. He advised me that they just replaced another 2009 HCH IMA battery pack, had same conditions IMA light on, constant recals.

Also having squeeky front struts looked at before warratny expires.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:33 PM
AJR
Active Enthusiast

You are one of the lucky ones. I have had an IMA light come on 7 or 8 times now (and have the pictures with the mileage to prove it to the dealer on my iphone). However I got screwed because my first IMA light came on at 86,000 miles. My original warranty was 7y/120K miles in California. But I was told because the vehicle is now registered in Florida, I only have an 80K mile warranty. What kind of BS is that! I fought with AHC several times that that is illegal to sell me a car with one warranty and change it on me. No luck, they didn't give a crap. So in the last 2 weeks, the IMA and check engine lights have come on at 119K and 120K miles. Now I'm officially past my ORIGINAL warranty period. It has come on about 4 or 5 other times as well. Eventually over the course of 2-3 days, the IMA light goes out, then the check engine light goes out. And the onboard computer... remembers NOTHING about it! How's that for smart technology!

Today I had to replace my OEM 12V battery after 4½ years. Who knows, could that have been the problem all along? I don't know, but it may have been a contributor. And when I did have it at the dealer, they probably didn't do a load test on it. They found "absolutely nothing wrong" after 6 hours of testing!

Congrats and good luck with the new (or refurb) battery pack and 12V battery.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Congratuations...any advice on how you got it to come on?

Old 10-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

I believe it was just time, I did nothing special. I read up about the relearn procedure on another thread. This is just disconnecting your 12v battery for 10 minutes then immediately going out for a drive once battery is fully charged. The next morning my battery was fully charged but in 2 blks it was totally discharged (down to 1 bar ).

Every night would be the same full at night then discharging the next day , on my commute I would regen up to 4 times each way. The crazy thing was I would be down to 1 bar, then within only 1 or 2 kms it would be fully charged again. That's way out of sync.

Honda service person told me they just did another 2009 weeks before and they exhibited similar issues leading up to IMA light coming on. I advised her I will not pick up the vehicle unless it has a new IMA battery in it. I expect to hear an update tomorrow from them.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Got the call today, Honda Canada has approved a new IMA battery pack, they will have my car all week as it must be ordered.

Yay!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AJR
You are one of the lucky ones. I have had an IMA light come on 7 or 8 times now (and have the pictures with the mileage to prove it to the dealer on my iphone). However I got screwed because my first IMA light came on at 86,000 miles. My original warranty was 7y/120K miles in California. But I was told because the vehicle is now registered in Florida, I only have an 80K mile warranty. What kind of BS is that! I fought with AHC several times that that is illegal to sell me a car with one warranty and change it on me. No luck, they didn't give a crap. So in the last 2 weeks, the IMA and check engine lights have come on at 119K and 120K miles. Now I'm officially past my ORIGINAL warranty period. It has come on about 4 or 5 other times as well. Eventually over the course of 2-3 days, the IMA light goes out, then the check engine light goes out. And the onboard computer... remembers NOTHING about it! How's that for smart technology!

Today I had to replace my OEM 12V battery after 4½ years. Who knows, could that have been the problem all along? I don't know, but it may have been a contributor. And when I did have it at the dealer, they probably didn't do a load test on it. They found "absolutely nothing wrong" after 6 hours of testing!

Congrats and good luck with the new (or refurb) battery pack and 12V battery.
Links to submit your complaint as many have done and have won, make sure you request arbitration. Good Luck..

http://www.auto.bbb.org/lemon-law-complaint-form/
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Old 10-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Picked up vehicle today, what a difference. SOC remianed the same whole way home, lots of zip.

Some of the items from invoice;

Checked Service Bulletin, Performed diagnosis and repair procedures. Service bulletin does not apply. IMA system up to date with the HDS. Perfomed troubleshooting procedure as per service manual. Checked the SOC value when holding the engine speed between 3500 and 4000 rpm. DTC 1586 not indicated. AS per service manual. Replace battery module. Contacted tech line for approval.

part number for IMA battery;
1 - 1D100-RMX-406RM 2 IMA BAT CIVIC 09

Procedure for install as per tech;
Replaced the IMA battery , performed the motor rotor calibration, a crank pattern relearn procedure.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My situation is not as good. Just picked my HCHII up from the dealer because I thought having them take a look. After "running diagnostics" they decided installing a new IMA update (I thought I already had the newest one?) for $159 was the best course of action. I had a 20 minute passionate discussion with the guy but the best he could offer was that he could've charged me more. My favorite quote was him saying "There is no battery degradation, you just need the newest IMA update. Everything is good now."

The kicker was when I started the car there were 8 bars for the battery but before I could even get the car out of the lot it plummeted back to 2!

Quick Reply: Just won battery lotto

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands