HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011
View Poll Results: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?
Yes, I purchased a Honda Care extended warranty
56.48%
No
43.52%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Exclamation POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

In light of the post Warranty Negotiation, I wanted to poll users here to see who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale. What was the reasoning in purchasing the extended warranty? Also, for those that have purchased an extended warranty, have you used it? How was the service? Where there any problems?

Old 05-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

I didn't purchase one, but I am trying to weigh the options of getting one or not. I know a lot of dealers that you can buy it online. The best deal I have found so far is

http://www.myhondawarranty.com/index.php

Old 05-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

I did purchase one, 5-year or 100,000-mile extended warranty, due to the uncertainty of the relatively new technologies in the car - 3 computer chips, battery life. Each chip cost of replacement ranging from $2000 to $3200. It gave me a peace of mind for $1400.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Enthusiast

I have purchased the Honda Care for HCHII for 5yr/100K.I tried to buy it from the dealer i bought the car from and they tried to rip me off,So shopped around and bought it at independence honda in PA for 750$ where as the local dealer asked me 1400$ for the same.I wanted to use the car as much as I can as I have a commute of 60 miles everyday and I dont want to end up paying anything out of my pocket for the Technology or whatever.The Honda Care I took was a 0$ Deductable.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Enthusiast

Mine is 6-yr, 120,000 miles for an even $1000.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FamilyMan
Mine is 6-yr, 120,000 miles for an even $1000.
Sh*t, now you make me feel stupid! Thanks alot!

Old 05-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by exbauer
I didn't purchase one, but I am trying to weigh the options of getting one or not. I know a lot of dealers that you can buy it online. The best deal I have found so far is

http://www.myhondawarranty.com/index.php
Wow - that's cheap - for my 06 HCH II with 2500 miles in PA - the 60 months, 100K Miles is only $670

That's less than 1/2 what my dealer originally quoted me.

I may have to reconsider buying the warrantee.

Did you, or anyone else out there, buy it from them?

Old 05-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Anyone from California who purchased the extended warranty (same coverage) less than mine? Just anxiously curious.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

I didn't purchase one, but probably will when I get closer to the 6,000 mile cutoff.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:47 AM

I have not yet but this is what I will get as I get closer to the 6k mark so I voted yes. I figure that I do not need warranty after I pay off my car as I can just save the money that I am no longer spending on my car payment and use it if I need a repair. That is if I even still have it.

60 months
100k miles
$670

One question...why do we think that we must buy before 6k miles? At the web-site listed below I tested it by putting in that I had 10k and it still offered a warranty but only with $100 ded..

Last edited by clyde2575; 05-04-2006 at 10:50 AM.

Quick Reply: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands