HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Seat Belt chime not activated by body shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:02 AM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Seat Belt chime not activated by body shop

Hi all. Tried some searches on here, but found nothing that helps...

I recently got into an accident with my 2007 HCHII and upon getting it back from the body shop, I noticed that the seat belt chime does not sound anymore. They had to replace my seat belt, since that was part off the sensor kit for the airbag which was deployed.

Example: when I would come home from work and pull into my garage, as soon as I was in far enough, I'd unlatch my seat belt. The chime would then sound (noting that I was still "driving" but I was unbuckled). It no longer does the chime. Can I enable the chime myself some way or does the body shop does that? Since they are not a Honda body shop, would you even think they'd know about it?

One more thing...they also broke my cruise control switch, so my cruise control doesn't engage currently, either.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Default Re: Seat Belt chime not activated by body shop

back to the body shop until they fix it right...

Old 01-13-2010, 04:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Seat Belt chime not activated by body shop

the connector located below the driver seat, wonder if they connect back the side airbag connector too?

for cruise control check no 12 fuse under hood fuse box and no 3 under dash fuse box