GreenHybrid Interactive Hybrid Car Resource
Home Discuss Articles Compare Share Shop
GreenHybrid.com   Hybrid Car Forums   Tech Information   Mileage & Specs   Photo Gallery   Buying Guide  
GreenHybrid Mileage Database - Click here to track your MPG! Join Hybrid car discussions today - Create a FREE GreenHybrid Account

Go Back   GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > Honda Motor Company/Acura > Honda Civic Hybrid > HCH II-Specific Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006+

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid
Default Sun Visor Falling Apart

Hello,

I have an '08 HCH that I bought last August. I've had no problems with it with the exception of both driver and passenger sun visors. Over time they seem to have cracked along thier top (hinge) edge. I noticed that they would only split when the inside of the car got pretty hot (I live Southern NM). In the mornings, when it's cooler, they worked fine. Today they finally broke apart permanently.

I want to get it repaired as it's still under warranty, but we bought the car in Albuquerque, almost 300 mi. from where we live. I've read in other forums that this is a common problem. Some people have even claimed to have had this repaired up to 6 times. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there were any preventative measures that were taken to make these visors last?

Also, there's a dent in our rear passenger door that we received when we were unfortunate enough to be driving by someone who was throwing rocks at cars from a cliff near where we live. Ever since that happened our rear window works sporadically. Would this be covered by our extended warranty (the window not the dent)?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: 09 HCH w/Navi, Atomic Blue
Default Re: Sun Visor Falling Apart

Take it to your nearest dealer and get the visor's replaced. I thought this issue was taken care of no later than 07. My 06 EX had every problem in the book,,, and then some. But the visor's did well.

As for the window. Have them look at it. If its caused by the rock I bet they won't fix it. But it could be nothing more than a loose wire. Hope you called the cops on the rock thrower and at least got a report. If so your Ins. Co. may cover the dent and window failure.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: 2006 Civic Hybrid, 02 Insight-sold

I'm on my 4th passenger side and 3rd driver side visor. They are such a stupid part to be having problems with and I'd heard rumors that the part had been updated, but the dealer denied this last time I was in there. They also mentioned there was a warranty extension on sun visors, but I can not find any sort of documentation on this and I sat there looking through all the TSB's while my last one was being replaced.

Take it in, don't let Honda get away with this one because it's all Civic sun visors and they die particularly in the heat. There are two plastic tabs inside which let loose.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: 2006 HCH II

Our 06 visors started going south almost immediately after we got the car (my wife religiously puts up a sunshade and lowers to visors to hold it in place).

You would think with all their brilliant engineering Honda could make a solid sunvisor.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:00 PM
"Manalo"

Hybrids: HCHII

Have the same problem, but learned to deal with it
Old 08-06-2009, 06:56 AM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: 2006 HCH II

FWIW, our salesperson just got us a 'goodwill adjustment' .. Honda is replacing the visors on our '06 Saturday ...
Old 08-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Enthusiast

Chalk another Camry Hybrid '08 Sun visor problem. I already had three of them broken (at the hinges): twice on driver side, once on passenger side. Since my car already passed the 30K warranty (I commuted almost 145 miles/day round-trip), dealer want to charge me $125 to replace the passenger side visor. What a rip-off. I believe Toyota should be responsible to replace inferior parts for free. I never had problem with sun visors in any cars that I used to own. What a pity that Toyota put cheap parts on expensive car like this.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:37 PM

Tags
2007, 94, camry, cars, civic, gas, hybrid, mileage, problems, sun, sunvisor, toyota, visor, visors, warranty