HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Time for brake fluid change/flush... DIY?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Green Machine
Exclamation Time for brake fluid change/flush... DIY?

my 2007 HCH-II is in need of a brake fluid change (per recommended interval) and from what I've researched it may be a little trickier to do than with a non-hybrid vehicle... I've done brake fluid changes before with no problems, but with the HCH2 I'm a little worried due to the different brake system. On a normal car you can easily feel the pedal get stiff as you build pressure before opening the bleeder valve, but I don't think it's the same on the HCH2 - at least from what I've read... Anyone have a DIY on how to do this? If I take to the dealer how much should it cost?

Old 03-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Re: Time for brake fluid change/flush... DIY?

Yes, the DIY is to take it to a dealer and let them do it. I am the biggest advocate of DIY brake flush, but the way the ABS works on this car and the location of the fluid reservoir makes it oh so easy to get so much air in the system, you can never get it out. Plus to get to the reservoir you have to remove the MAF then turn on the car which makes it throw a code, which you need to reset, etc. etc. Just pay them to do it. It can cost between $50 and $150 depending on your localities GF (gouge factor)

Old 03-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Time for brake fluid change/flush... DIY?

I took both my auto's in for this service last mth. HCH2 and CR-v both 2006. It was $65 each. Not worth the hassle? Hal