HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Transmission Fluid Filter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Transmission Fluid Filter?

I recently purchased a few items (from www.FactoryAutoAccessories.com at the suggestion of members of this site-great suggestion btw) to perform what I've always felt were DIY jobs.

But this car has so little ground clearance that I have found it difficult to do them even when I put the car on ramps. Because of that and the fact that I'd like to have the transmission fluid changed before leaving on a trip to North Carolina this Thursday and have no opportunity to do it myself before then, I've decided to have a local garage do the job.

When I told them that I already had the (Honda) fluid and a new washer, they aked if I also had the filter.

So that's my question: Is there a filter for the transmission fluid?

Old 04-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Transmission Fluid Filter?

I don't think it has a filter. H

Old 04-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Enthusiast

There is a filter in the trans

Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 PM

In other words you have to remove the CVT and dismantle it to change the filter. So this is a item that can only be replaced during re-build? H

Old 04-27-2010, 07:02 PM

There's an external filter, inline on the hose between transmission and it's radiator. With the front raised a bit it's pretty easy to spot. It's more-or-less directly aft of the (regular) radiator drain spigot.

To reach it it is sometimes helpful to put your hand through the opening in the bottom of bumper at that drain spigot. I've got average sized hands and can just squeeze through. I used 3/8" drive ratchet with 6" extension and reg 10mm socket, coupled with a compact 1/4" drive ratchet with a long 10mm socket. There are two 10mm bolts to be removed to free the filter: one holding closed the clamp around the filter, the other holding the clamp to the engine (or tran, not sure which).

With those two bolts off the clamp is loose and falls apart. The filter is a cylinder with spigots at both ends. That's as far as I went (just a dry run), but a pair of sturdy pliers and a broad bladed screw driver should get the hoses off at either end. Probably want to do this over a drain pan, after draining the rest of the fluid.

Last edited by Mendel Leisk; 04-27-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:40 AM
Pir
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
In other words you have to remove the CVT and dismantle it to change the filter. So this is a item that can only be replaced during re-build? H
Sir I just replaced Tha transmission fluid is it OK or Tha filter replacement is must plz reply it will be highly appreciated.
Thanks