HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Vibration when accelerate from stop

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 03:12 AM
Enthusiast
Default Vibration when accelerate from stop

I recently test drive a HCH-II (in Europe).

I have observed a slight vibration and a small delay when you accelerate from a stop (because the engine is turned off and on accelerate turn on).

What are your opinion about this (do you experience the same thing, do you think it is annoying)?

Old 10-03-2006, 04:00 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Vibration when accelerate from stop

If you try and slam the gas immediately after releasing the brake at an auto stop, yeah, there's a slight delay. After you drive it for a while, though, you get in the habit of taking your foot off the brake about a half second to a second before you intend on pressing the gas, so there's no delay. I honestly don't think about it anymore because I subconsciously do it....if I'm waiting for a gap to open, I'll see it, and lift my foot off the brake when the car is at me, then press the gas once it's by, with no issues.

Haven't observed a vibration other than the feel of the engine coming on, which isn't much.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I really don't sense any more of a lag or hesitation than in any other car I've driven in the past. It feels surprisingly "normal".

Old 10-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I also press the gas so gradually to opimize my MPG that I don't notice any lag or vibration.