Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid

Here is a 2005 Accord EX-L Hybrid with 138K miles that is clean and ready to go. This car gets 40 mpg on highway and around 27 mpg mixed driving during the winter cold so during summer months it should improve. This model has the 3.0L engine which is powerful (240 hp) but has cylinder deactivation (hybrid specific) that cuts back to 3 cyl when cruising. The IMA (hybrid) electric motor is sandwiched between the engine and trans but provides 15 hp and 100 ft/lb that assists in accelerating and regenerates battery voltage when coasting or braking. The car also has auto stop which shuts off the engine when coasting to a stop and starts up instantaneously when you release the brake pedal.
This car has the EX-L option package including leather, factory GPS, climate control, 6 CD in dash player, powered heated seats and traction control with front and side airbags. This has the 5 speed auto transmission so it drives and rides like a conventional car unlike the CVT that are in many hybrids. The dash display has radio and temperature indicators. This has the optional factory navigation touch screen that has GPS map, radio, HVAC, and hybrid mode including trip distance, avg and instantaneous mpg. The steering wheel also has controls for cruise and radio and blue tooth call functions.
This car starts, runs and drives with no noises, smoke or fluid leaks. The interior has no smells, rips or burns. This was bought with broken front bumper cover and missing fog light. The new high quality front bumper cover was painted, clear coated and installed with new fog lights with factory clips and new head lights were also installed (old ones were yellow). The car has rear bumper rash from parking and side has minor scratches and ding.
Recent work:
New windshield
New OEM Battery
New Front Bumper Cover
New Headlights and bulbs
New Fog Lights
New Throttle Body Tube
Newest GPS DVD map
Spare tire and jack (didn't come from factory with spare)
Wiper blades
The hybrid battery lifespan in these is around 10-12 years. This one reads normal in everyday driving and passed the hybrid test when at the dealership but when it is extremely cold and it sits for more than a few days the IMA light will come on and go off at next start up. The code read is marginal battery performance. This car drives well now but just in fairness it will be needing a new battery or conditioning in the future unless owner wants to just drive it as-is. The hybrid batteries get out of balance when they sit too long and this one sat for at least 2 months. Here is a highly recommended one from the hybrid forums that I was going to get:
https://hybridautomotive.com/collect...ant=5576573316
Otherwise buy a new or reconditioned battery from 900-2000.
The car was bought from insurance auction because of the front bumper cover so it has a rebuilt title. Body work performed by lead body man at local body shop and other work done at Honda. This car is solid and reliable a good DD or spare car.
I'm asking 3700 because of battery condition and title status but this car is fine and has been my DD all winter up to now.
Please contact Joe with any questions at 773 879 zero681 or rowekmr(at)aol.com.
Magazine reviews of the car:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...brid-road-test
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...accord-hybrid/
http://www.motortrend.com/news/rev-accord-hybrid-2/

Photobucket slide show:
http://s817.photobucket.com/user/row...ccord%20Hybrid

Old 10-18-2016, 07:06 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid

Hi, I have a 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid and I got my check engine (Code P07AF) and IMA light on last week. I showed it to a honda dealer and got it diagnosed. I was told that my IMA battery needs replacement and quoted me some $3100 for replacing it.

The technician also told me that if you dont want to replace the battery, you can continue driving the car but since the check engine light is on, the car wont pass the vehicle inspection.

So I got my car back and thought that I will find some good deals on Hybrid battery and would replace sometime later. However today when I tried to start my car few days back, the car wouldn't start. I got it jump started and it started fine. But today my car again did not start and even jump start didn't help.

Can anyone suggest me if what is the problem? Is it because of Hybrid battery or some problem with starter? Does hybrid battery assist in charging the car?

Thanks much for your help and support.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nemaap
Hi, I have a 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid and I got my check engine (Code P07AF) and IMA light on last week. I showed it to a honda dealer and got it diagnosed. I was told that my IMA battery needs replacement and quoted me some $3100 for replacing it.

The technician also told me that if you dont want to replace the battery, you can continue driving the car but since the check engine light is on, the car wont pass the vehicle inspection.

So I got my car back and thought that I will find some good deals on Hybrid battery and would replace sometime later. However today when I tried to start my car few days back, the car wouldn't start. I got it jump started and it started fine. But today my car again did not start and even jump start didn't help.

Can anyone suggest me if what is the problem? Is it because of Hybrid battery or some problem with starter? Does hybrid battery assist in charging the car?

Thanks much for your help and support.
Posting the same message 3 different places is bad form.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

Car SOLD!!!!!
Nemaap sorry about your trouble hope you got it solved.