Car dying at stop lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default Car dying at stop lights

Hi there,

I have a 2007 Saturn Vue Hybrid. Normally at stoplights the engine shuts down into 'auto off' mode (or whatever it is called). But lately, there have been times when it just shuts off altogether. I have to put it in park and restart the car before I can put it in drive and go. It's making me quite nervous that something expensive is going on. The battery has never been replaced and the car has 165K miles.

Any thoughts on what is causing this?

Thanks in advance!
Donna

Old 07-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Car dying at stop lights

Do you get a Check Engine or Service Hybrid message or light indicator on these No-Go events?

Look for some light or message on the No-Go events. Then any GM dealer with up-to-date scan tool can get the codes and Freeze Frames

Write them down do not let anyone guess with this.

Labor rates are very expensive and getting the most for your money on a pay-for code read is very important.

Then the dealer can do a search of GM data bases for what any codes mean and any service bulletins.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Car dying at stop lights

Hi Hillbilly_Hybrid,

No, it would be easier if there were some sort of light that came on. Then, I could take it to my mechanic and he could see what's going on. There's no indication of anything wrong other than the fact that it's dead and I have to restart it. =(