Is your battery a new part?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Is your battery a new part?

There are plenty of threads and postings regarding replacement batteries for our VUEs. I had mine replaced in November 2007.

I've heard that there may be a recall letter regarding this problem to be issued soon, that includes info about the new battery. Has anyone received it?

Could anyone shed light as to the new battery part numbers, and if it's easy to check to see if I have one of the updated ones? When I looked at the battery in ours, I could only easily see a P/N for the battery case, but not the battery itself.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Active Enthusiast
Post Re: Is your battery a new part?

To Phil:

I have not heard about the battery recall but I did receive the voluntary emission recall letter this past week. Maybe this is what you are refering to.

Saturn is conducting a voluntary emission recall that includes 2007 Vue Green Line Hybrids. There may be a voltage imbalance within the hybrid battery. If the imbalance exceeds 0.6 volts, the check engine light will illuminate and hybrid function will be disabled. If this occurs, the charge/assist gage would show no movement, the fuel economy light (ECO) would not illuminate, and the vechcile would be powered by the gasoline engine only.

The Saturn retailer will replace the three hybrid cassettes within the battery assembly, This one-time service will be performed for you at no charge within a period of 8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date your vehicle was originnally placed in service.

I will be taking my Hybrid in next week for the service. I will ask the tech where to locate the battery number. I still have the original battery. I will also update everyone on the performance of the Hybrid after the service.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Enthusiast

Phil,

It is campaign 07318 - Loss of hybrid function due to voltage imbalance in the hybrid battery.

Additional information from another board:

This latest recall pertains to ALL 2007 VUE Greenline models from VIN (last 8 digits) 7S800023 thru 7S880949 UNLESS your 36V battery cassettes had already been replaced sometime in the last few months with the latest part numbers (PN# 25953382 or 25964892 for the VUE GL)
It also pertains to ALL 2007 Aura Greenline models, but only some "early build" 2008 Greenline VUEs and Auras. But again ONLY if the batteries have not been changed with the previously listed specific part numbers.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Old 04-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is your battery a new part?

Thank you for the information. I did receive the voluntary notice this week.

I suppose that the part numbers of our new battery should be printed on the service receipt, but I haven't checked. I still think the number I am looking at in the VUE pertains to the battery case and not the cassettes themselves.

Please let us know how it goes when you bring your hybrid into the service department. We are due for a tire rotation soon, but otherwise haven't seen the dealership in a while since I do oil changes myself (and they are quite infrequent with the OLS).

Old 04-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Enthusiast

I just had my battery replaced at 20,100 miles with new part 25953382 plus new case 10228562 because of leaking and corrosion. My check engine light came on and went to gas only operation. Back in business now and getting 29-30mpg again. I bought this car for my daugher to use when he's old enough to drive next year. I've rented a 2008 V6 Vue and loved the car. I will probably buy a 2 mode or plug in if available when the time comes. Love my 2007.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

I got the three hybrid cassettes replaced this past Friday along with an oil change and tire rotation. It took about 2.5 hours at the dealer and I am happy to report that my Hybrid is functioning smoothly. No changes in the charge/assist guage. It still moves as it did before. I always worry when they work on the Hybrid system as it seems my is functioning very well.

For the record this was only my 5th oil change and 4th tire rotation in 41,000 miles. I go about 8000 miles in between oil changes.

My dealership treats me pretty good but $75 for an oil change an tire rotation is a bit much. My local Firestone dealer gives out coupons for oil changes with tire rotations for $22. For regular service I will be taking the Hybrid to Firestone and save a few bucks. I am glad to see Phil94 even saves more by changing the oil himself.

By the way, my dealer did not have any 2008 Hybrid Vues on the lot and they have not received any from Saturn. I guess there is not alot of demand in Maryland for the 2008 Hybrid Vues.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs down Re: Is your battery a new part?

Just an update. It's now been two and a half weeks and there is still no sign of my new battery. The few times I spoke with the service manager he kept insisting that "Saturn Central" keeps telling him that it will be in shortly. I spoke with the salesperson that we bought the Vue from and he offered to investigate further. He called and said that he was told that there is a shortage of batteries due to the recall and that Saturn is allocating batteries by geographic region. Southern Ontario is obviously not high on the priority list.

The hybrid system keeps cutting out (Check Engine light comes on) at the oddest of times. As an example, it was working normal yesterday and cut out today during a 35 mile highway run. On the return home it functioned normally. I used this trip to check my mileage. Kept a constant speed of 65 miles per hour over basically a flat highway. The last such run I took I managed 33.09 USMPG but this time I got a pathetic 27 MPG.

Saturn service has been exception up until this current situation. The wiring harness was in when they said it would be in as was a replacement Hybrid Module. With this situation we are starting to lose patience. Keeping our fingers crossed and hoping the parts come in this week.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

One more question on the battery part number topic:

Is the battery P/N able to be seen in the car, or is it hidden under the metal case? In other words, do I need to see the P/N from the repair order?

I ask because the only visible P/N in the car, I believe, corresponds to the battery case, and not the actual battery. I see it when I remove the plastic load floor behind the grocery shelf. The P/N I see starts with "1" and claims it was built in OH sometime in Jan 2007, which makes sense, as the car was built in Feb 2007. If that's the actual battery, though, it must be of the older design, even though it's been replaced.

HybridVue, did they replace your battery cassettes even though there was no existing problem?

Old 04-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Enthusiast

Phil,

When I had mine in the shop in early March they changed the battery cassettes even though there was no apparent problem.

When the tech does the service, they check the service record to see if the battery cassettes have been replaced. The service order shows .1 admin hours, looking up the records with Saturn Central.

If the battery has not been replaced with the newer design battery with the new part number they replace the battery.

The part number is on the service order. I haven't looked at the part number(s) on the battery enclosure, but I would expect that any numbers on the sticker would be that of the enclosure and not the battery.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Last edited by 07GLowner2; 04-17-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Is your battery a new part?

Same story here - when I had mine in the shop last week they changed the battery cassettes even though there was no apparent problem.

Fortunately, all is well with the Hybrid and it is performing great. With temps in the 70's this week - mpgs will be headed up.

Quick Reply: Is your battery a new part?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands