Big Car Audio System in 08 NAH

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 03:26 AM
2008 Altima Hybrid Owner
Default Big Car Audio System in 08 NAH

Let me start out by saying hello to everyone. As you can tell, I am new to this forum.

I recently purchased a used 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid, and I love the car. But finding information pertaining to it has been quite a challenge when it comes to what I am looking for. I am really hoping you fine people could help me out.

I've installed the following in my Hybrid -

2 SWR-12D2 Type R 12 Inch Subwoofers

2 Memphis PR1.1000 (1000 Watts RMS) Amplifiers (1 powering each sub)

1 Power Acoustik 300 Watt RMS Amplifier (Highs Amp)

Infinity Kappa speakers in the dash, doors, and rear.

AVH-P4400 Pioneer Headunit

HC2000 Kinetik 105AH rating battery.

Total wattage of 2,300 watts RMS, before calculating in the fact that the amplifiers are of course not 100% efficient.

Basically, I am looking to upgrade my electrical and that is where the problem begins. On your standard car, one could just get a bigger alternator, or multiple alternators. But as I am sure you all know, our cars do not have alternators. And trying to find if I can even upgrade to a larger DC Converter has been a complete fail. So, I would like to perform what is known in car audio as the "Big 3". In a regular car, this is performed by upgrading 3 wires in ones car, battery negative to chassis, Alternator to battery positive, chassis to engine.

This is where I cannot find any info on performing this electrical upgrade on my hybrid. Can anyone please shed some light on this? Is it even possible to do something similar as this on my hybrid vehicle? I really would appreciate any help any of you could provide. Until then, take care.

Last edited by WJHybrid; 10-26-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Big Car Audio System in 08 NAH

I read your post and knew that your problem is not a major. You should have to go your nearest nissan car service centre and tell him your problem. I must says that service centre will help you and gives a good solution for your problem.