Orange Plug in trunk - Car will not start

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default Orange Plug in trunk - Car will not start

I have a 2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid and i unplugged and replugged an orange fuse like plug behind a secret panel in the trunk - now the car wont start. The start button and the panel lights come on but neither the EV mode or the gas engine will come on. The service at Flolsom lake Nissan is terrible and I do not want give them anymore of my business, has anyone had this issue, or know how to fix, or?

I am pretty good with older cars and would like to learn about the newer technology can anyone recommend a service / repair manual, educational literature or better yet a website with free info that is specific to this make/model?

Old 07-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Orange Plug in trunk - Car will not start

in the manual, there is a way to force it to turn on, bypassing the hybrid mode.

also...http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowl...html?catid=607

Old 10-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Enthusiast

I'm having the same issue you had a few months back where I unplugged the hybrid service disconnect plug in the trunk and now the car won't start. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Dash lights and accessories are all functional but even the hybrid bypass sequence fails for me.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Enthusiast

OK - so I broke down and finally had it towed to the dealer. The one hybrid tech in the place told me that I unplugged the service disconnect, then pressed the power button on the dash with the plug removed. Don't recall pressing the dash button with the kill switch removed but apparently I did. According to the tech this action wiped several systems back to an init state and he had to reprogram both the hybrid and brake systems to get back to the ready light. 2 hours of work with his laptop and the scanner.

No leg to stand on for me since the owners manual and the tag on the kill switch both say "don't touch". So $200 later the car is working again. Believe I won't be touching the kill switch again though it makes me nervous to do any work on the car without killing it first. Oh well. I guess I'll wear rubber gloves next time I want to replace a speaker or run a rear camera wire from back to front.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:45 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nhelp
I'm having the same issue you had a few months back where I unplugged the hybrid service disconnect plug in the trunk and now the car won't start. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Dash lights and accessories are all functional but even the hybrid bypass sequence fails for me.
When you reinserted the service disconnect and close latch, Note you re-enable the circuit by sliding the closed latch lever, vertically downward at finger pull ring. Simply closing latch lever doesn't close contacts! If you look carefully at the orange cap it's an easy oversight to follow directions.

Hopefully that will solve any issue with service disconnect.