Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Remote Start

Anyone know if it is possible to add a remote start capability for the 2007 NAH. The dealer that I got it from doesn't recommend installing one and wouldn't even provide any information on whether one is available. Two or three of the third party installers have said that it can't be done as there is no bypass module for the 2007 NAH. One 3rd party fellow said it could be done but in retrospect I think he was shooting from the hip.

However I understand that there is a factory option for a remote starter for the TCH. Since the NAH uses the same hybrid synergy drive, I would think that it might be possible to do one for the NAH.

One scarey part in discussing a possible installation with the 3rd party guys is that they say they would hook up the wire to the starter motor (like they normally do for a non-hybrid installation). I don't know for sure but that doesn't sound right to me. I would think that, once the appropriate bypass module is located, all that they would need to do is turn on the hybrid system and let it take over control over whether the ICE starts or not.

Any leads or info that you might have on remote starters would be appreciated.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Need a Plug
Default Re: Remote Start

IF I was going to do this I would look into how to close a switch that makes the brake feel it's depressed and then operate the press to start button. If you download the AH service manuals I think that reading the appropiate section might be of reall help.

If you can find one the the Toyota Hybrid it would be a direct swap in my opinion.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm not overly tech savvy... but I'd think it is a VERY bad idea possibly. Some of us have accidentally left the engine running when you think you've shut it off... and from what I've heard jump starting the Altima Hybrid is a real chore.

Door opener/closer clicker buttons seem to operate on a "number" key that is NOT 100% specific to your vehicle. You can walk through a big parking lot at a baseball game clicking your key fob to get your horn to honk so you can find your car... and 2-3 other cars will flash their headlights.

If the engine starter works the same way as the key fob door opener... potentially you could have somebody else click on your car... and then you come back to your car 8 hours later to find your battery dead.

Maybe I'm wrong on how this works... but that is my first thought.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Need a Plug

Now wouldn't that be something. I wonder if they will ever recall the Whole (non)intellegent key thing anyway. MY wife went into the store today and of course had the (non)intellegent key with her and when she came back she opened up the car to find it was still running. I think that this makes the third time ti has happened to us now.

It's interesting that you need to have the (non)intellegent key inside the car and depress the brake pedal and be in "park" before the car will respond to pressing the start button and go to "ready" you even have to press an "I agree" to get the NAV screen on but you can walk away from a car that is really running , lock the doors and nothing happens to even give you a clue. (forgetting the nin-come-poops that say we should hear it running which is kind oof hard to do when the ICE is not running)

Old 09-28-2007, 05:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

Maybe a silly question with an obvious answer, but are you pushing the "Start/Stop" button before you leave the vehicle and lock the doors? Or, does this happen even if you do?

Does this come under the category of "Oh, I forgot to push the "Start/Stop button" when I left the vehicle?

Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Need a Plug

Originally Posted by BobBass
Maybe a silly question with an obvious answer, but are you pushing the "Start/Stop" button before you leave the vehicle and lock the doors? Or, does this happen even if you do?

Does this come under the category of "Oh, I forgot to push the "Start/Stop button" when I left the vehicle?
BOB THATS THE WHOLE POINT! The system lets you get out and leave the car, lock the doors and does not give a reminder beep if you for get to push the start;stop button. That is what is wrong. If I had pushed the Start/Stop button their would not be a problem.

I am trying to make the point that this is a danger allowing such a series to occur without a warning beep. You get one if the headlights were left on why not one if the car is left runnning. That is a much bigger problem and actually dangerous. You can't hear the ICengine to remind you, the vehicle may be in the EV mode and the ICE is not running.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Comparing to the similar system and situation in the Camry Hybrid, the Camry will beep if you try to do this. I also believe it won't let you lock the doors., but haven't tested it. However there are still stories of people leaving the system on.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Need a Plug

Originally Posted by talmy
Comparing to the similar system and situation in the Camry Hybrid, the Camry will beep if you try to do this. I also believe it won't let you lock the doors., but haven't tested it. However there are still stories of people leaving the system on.
I am considering to trade my Altima just beacuse of this. AND I love the ALtima better than the Camry.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GripperDon
BOB THATS THE WHOLE POINT! The system lets you get out and leave the car, lock the doors and does not give a reminder beep if you for get to push the start;stop button. That is what is wrong. If I had pushed the Start/Stop button their would not be a problem.

I am trying to make the point that this is a danger allowing such a series to occur without a warning beep. You get one if the headlights were left on why not one if the car is left runnning. That is a much bigger problem and actually dangerous. You can't hear the ICengine to remind you, the vehicle may be in the EV mode and the ICE is not running.

But it does beep...

Mine beeps three times if I leave the car with the key while it is running. It will do this regardless of whether I lock the car to warn me that I've left it running. Yours doesn't beep?

Old 09-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Need a Plug

Originally Posted by NAH Fan
But it does beep...

Mine beeps three times if I leave the car with the key while it is running. It will do this regardless of whether I lock the car to warn me that I've left it running. Yours doesn't beep?
Geeze People, IT DOES NOT BEEP. How many times must I try and make it clear, NO BEEP, NO BEEP, NO BeeP

Quick Reply: Remote Start

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands