Why am I hearing beep beep beep?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Why am I hearing beep beep beep?

Okay, I'll say upfront... I'm the ninny who can't figure this out!

Many times when I go to get out of our car... and I open the door... an alarm goes off. I get this beep beep beep to tell me something is wrong. But I can't figure out what it is. The headlights aren't on. The car isn't still running. I've turned the car off... and I'm just going to get out.

Does anyone have a clue what this is? I wish I had an alarm like this go off when I leave the car running accidentally. The big problem I'm facing is that this constant alarm every time I go to get out of the car is actually desensitizing me since it happens pretty much every time I go to get out.

What am I doing?

Old 12-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Why am I hearing beep beep beep?

I think it's mostly a matter of speed. The car needs a moment to shut off just like it needs a moment to turn on. If you are too fast on the draw (getting out, opening doors), you sometimes get a warning.

This may also happen if you try to lock a fob in the car (the trunk actually refuses to close if you try to lock a purse with a fob in it).

I think it also happens if you try to lock the car with another door not quite closed.

And, as you have mentioned, it happens if you have left something on.

There are also some alarms that can be turned on or off by your dash computer that may or may not have been accidentally changed.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Also get the 3 beeps is one window is down. It already happened to me this morning.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'll try a pause to see if the speed thing is it. Good idea.