Ford Motor Company Ford, Mazda and Mercury hybrids

Need help with Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 04:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default Need help with Radio

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a used 2006 Mariner hybrid with the factory Nav system. I've tried looking for solutions to adapting a hardline iPhone/iPod connection but most seem to revolve around discontinued PIE products that I can't seem to get ahold of. If anyone has any info on how to adapt either an auxiliary port (3.5mm) or the standard iPhone 30 pin/lightning cord, I'd be thrilled. I'm trying to stay away from FM modulators if that's at all possible. Thanks!

Also, posted this in main thread not mariner since from what I understand all ford vehicles have very similar if not same set up.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Need help with Radio

Yep it's going to be pretty difficult to teach 10+ year old radios new tricks like talking to an iPhone. Probably your best bet is to pony up the cash for a head unit with a modern one that's designed to work with devices like an iPhone. Bonus is you'll get Bluetooth and other goodies that weren't around 10 years ago.