Ford Motor Company Ford, Mazda and Mercury hybrids

SyncMyRide Website?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default SyncMyRide Website?

Do many people use this?

It seems very slooooow to me this morning. To the point where I had to refresh several pages several times just to complete the registration. And some pages never complete. I'm using IE.

Never got the acknowledgement SMS text message -- to which I need to reply YES -- to have alerts and "VHR Ready" notifications sent. Does this actually work?

And after registering, have you been inundated with junkmail, both electronic and printed hard copy? I notice they require your home address to complete the registration. And this seems like a marketers dream for the demographics -- owners of a technology-heavy vehicle, who use smartphones and cutting edge media players, who are tech savvy. Who wouldn't want that list of names and addresses.

7:50 pm update: The things that were not working this morning (SMS Text acknowledgment, slow display) seem to be OK now.

Last edited by Coal Miner; 03-01-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Re: SyncMyRide Website?

Originally Posted by hsdjasl
names and addresses.
What?

Old 09-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: SyncMyRide Website?

I registered without any problem. It then told me that I have Sync version 2, which is impossible because I already have turn-by-turn directions, VHR and it's a 2010. Even the tech I instant messaged said that it was not right. He then told me to have the dealer fix it (????). Now that I have my VHR, I don't really see the advantage of it. I keep track of my car's maintenance. It looks like an attempt to get you to have the dealer maintain the car.