General Motors Corporation Chevrolet, GMC and Saturn hybrids

battery range display appears inaccurate

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 12:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default battery range display appears inaccurate

hi guys, i am not sure if you have been seing this issue with your volt:
I got 2013 volt and normally averaging 40 miles per charge and goes about 35-40miles one single charge depending on driving condition.

But recently I have been seeing that somewhat the remaining miles on charge appears somewhat inaccurate.
I start off from work with 40miles charge.
On the way home my odometer says 15 miles travel but at the same time I got about 30 miles on batter charge. (I had no downhill driving that utilized regen, it was completely flat terrain). That is total of travelled+yet to travel => 45 miles easily.

Now tomorrow, I drive to work on the remaining charge about 20 miles. Total trip to my work is about 15 miles so when I got to campus, I still have 5 miles left and parked.

During lunch, I drove to nearby cafeteria, but then as soon as I turned the car, no charge left and it is already switched to gasoline (remember last time I parked it had 5 miles of charge).

Not a big deal since I got around 40miles out of this charge but it is just kind of odd to me.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: battery range display appears inaccurate

Battery prediction is still an "art". The predictor is using integration math from your last drive and some weighting on how you are driving now to give you that display.

When you shut off and get out it sits at rest and re-calculates. If the battery had been just warm enough, the cooling system may have come on while it was off and stole some.

If you are getting 40 between charges, you are doing pretty good. 5 miles range does seem like significant. At least it has an engine to get you home.

Old 01-05-2022, 02:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: battery range display appears inaccurate

Right. I'm using a Nexus 6P that's stock and unrooted and therefore rely on the battery settings in android to locate any rogue apps. Well my screen on time closely matches my awake time and therefore nothing is keeping my phone awake. Yet Nine Email is currently top of my list with 5% battery use over 3mins CPU time (i've had about 3 emails and barely used it). Second is my screen with 3% and about 1.5hours on screen time. Yesterday my day was email heavy and Nine didn't show in my battery 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 stats but had 10mins CPU time.