06 Mariner Brake Hose Failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 04:38 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 06 Mariner Brake Hose Failure

I just picked up mines and after a few days driving short distances the brake hose failed in my driveway. I hadn't read about the brake hose failure before reading many owners feedback on Edmunds but after the ABS, Brake Light and Low Brake Fluid light came I did a search and found that besides the tone ring and the horribly expensive HCU that the brake hoses fail on these without a lot of age or miles. The service writer said it was so common on the non hybrid and hybrids that they stock the hoses. I am glad my wife wasn't driving it on the highway it could have been ugly so want to throw it out there for others to inspect their hoses.

Here's a YouTube video that covers this

Old 04-03-2019, 03:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 06 Mariner Brake Hose Failure

I just bought an 08 with 118k miles on it back in Feb. Throughout Feb it was fine, March hit and it started warming up and I started getting the ABS and Service Brakes light. Fortunately I came here and saw everybody saying REPLACE THE HOSES FIRST! Lol. Took it to my mechanic and they said the front 2 were DEFINITELY bad, and the rear passenger wasnt getting ANY fluid pushed through. So they replaced them to the tune(no pun intended lol) of $236. Just had that happen yesterday but already my car doesnt make the "bad hcu" noise when it starts anymore so I'm sure that was the issue