Lincoln Mercury Mariner Hybrid

Old 05-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Lincoln Mercury Mariner Hybrid

Please Jason. Set up a catagory for the Lincoln Mercury Mariner Hybrid.

Note the 'Lincoln'.

Ford is marketing this car, which is a luxury model of the Escape Hybrid (at little more cost) under the Lincoln headline. Lincoln draws. I used to drive a Mark IV. My Love. Mercury will sell but attaching Lincoln will drive us crazy.

Today I spoke with newly appointed Lincoln-Mercury Mariner Hybrid Marketing Manager Gabrielle Senatore. We are looking for questions about this great answer to the Toyota Expensive Hybrid SUV. It will be ready to be ordered hopefully in July with first delivery in October. I will be going to to Kansas City next mouth to drive and report on the first prototype.

Mike Maline

Old 05-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Lincoln Mercury Mariner Hybrid

I'd be happy to create a forum if it will be used, but will it? The RX and Highlander forums are kind of sitting there without any activity. One of the important "don'ts" of running forums is to refrain from creating many empty categories. What's your take?

Old 05-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

If people come, you will build it. The first units will be delivered this October and production will be limited to 2,000 units from October to April. Those that want one better to getting in line now.

Mike

Old 05-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Site Founder

Not to argue, but that theory hasn't exactly worked for the RX or Highlander forums. There hasn't even been a single member here interested in the Mariner. I just worry about empty forums. I need to think about this...

Old 05-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Site Founder

I have replaced the Upcoming Hybrids forum with a Mercury Mariner Hybrid forum. I'm going to see how it performs, however. If there isn't any activity after a month or so, it may not be smart to keep it.

Also, I wasn't able to find references to the Mariner as a Lincoln Mercury, just a Mercury. Can you find any references by Ford itself?

Old 05-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Sdctcher and Jason:

___Because the Mercury Mariner and Mazda Tribute HEV’s will essentially be an Escape with slight changes and upgrades, why not change the name of the Ford Escape Hybrid forum after the Mariner and Tribute become available to Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner, and Mazda Tribute Hybrid’s? If the Mercury and Mazda owners begin posting like mad, it should be relatively easy to move 10 or 20 of these future threads into a new specific Ford, Mazda, Mercury model forum afterwards?

___My $0.015 anyway

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 05-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Site Founder

Perhaps I should combine the Escape and Mariner forums into one?

Old 05-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

I suspect (hope?) that the Highlander thread will see more activity once people actually have one in their possession. I have mine "on order" and can't wait but not much to talk about until some folks know what it can do. I *did* see on another forum one member who actually picked his up in the last day or so.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

I agree with all of this. I think the logical thing to do ( via my mind-meld with Spock) would be to have the Ford Escape Hybrid thread include the Mariner and the Toyota SUV thread include the Highlander and Lexus.

Mike

Old 05-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Site Founder

Done

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lincoln Mercury Mariner Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands