Replacing Brake pads on a Mazda Tribute Hybrid (Ford Escape)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Enthusiast
Default Replacing Brake pads on a Mazda Tribute Hybrid (Ford Escape)

Hey guys haven't posted here in a while, Though I would share my surprise discovery.

My Mazda Tribute Hybrid 08 (MTH) is rapidly approaching 45,000 miles. I do allot of driving here in Vegas. It never occurred to me to check the brakes. I never though about it because they are working just fine and my MTH hasn't been giving me any trouble. So I though for the heck of it I would just replace the brakes as a preventative maintenance since I have some time off during the holidays. Anyway I took it to my mechanic and he told me the brakes are still looking good! Even going as far and saying the front pads look only half way!! While the back pads look kinda low. He even said I might be able to go another 5000 miles before replacing them!

Is this normal? can you really go 50,000 miles on the original factory brake pads??

I'm very surprised since my wife's Jetta needed to be replaced around 35,000K