08 CTH new owner issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 03:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default 08 CTH new owner issues

Purchased the car last year. I've had several issues with the hybrid battery that the dealer who sold me the car has postponed fixing. Anyways my new issue is the engine hot a/c tuned off dilemma. After reading several posts here and other sites I decided to change the thermostat. Got it back from the shop and it wouldn't go into hybrid for a couple days. Finally it started working ok till about the fourth day when I got the same message again. Decided to take it to the dealer so they can run tests on the battery, thinking that may be the root cause. They test drove it and couldn't figure anything out except maybe the new thermostat was faulty. Any suggestions on what it could be? It's throwing the engine not heating up in time, I think it's p0123

Old 08-13-2016, 10:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 CTH new owner issues

From what I find that is a throttle position code nothing to do with thermostat.

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0123

Did they read it correctly?

Old 08-13-2016, 02:07 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
From what I find that is a throttle position code nothing to do with thermostat.

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0123

Did they read it correctly?
Sorry about that. The code was P0128. I went ahead and told them to change the temp sensor and to check the wires to it. Hopefully that solves it.

Old 08-20-2016, 11:37 PM
Enthusiast

Update: just got it back from the dealer Thursday. They changed the temp sensor and the harness. They said the wires looked worn so that may have been the cause. So far so good. Next day though I got the dreaded P061B and P0AC4. Been having these codes pop up since I bought the vehicle. Taking it back to the dealer who sold it to me and get him to agree to pay half.

Last edited by SilverNBlack; 08-20-2016 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:21 PM

Po61B is not a good sign.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:16 AM
Enthusiast

Yes I know. Been having that code pop up since I bought the vehicle. Dealer promised to fix it, which maybe he has tried by supposedly having the bad cells replaced or recharged. Not sure. But the Tahoe has never ran like it should except in the cold winter months. Pretty tired of going back and forth so decided to take matters into my own hands.
What do you guys think. Have him pay for full battery replacement or make a deal for 50/50. If I make him pay full I have lots of proof so I can take him to court if he refuses it's just waiting for the outcome. Any suggestions?

Old 08-22-2016, 06:02 PM

The dealer is not able to replace cells He can try to charge it but to what level? A hot weak cell can do this.