10 diagnostic trouble codes. Ten! pls help

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default 10 diagnostic trouble codes. Ten! pls help

0106-MAP Sensor
0300- random/multiple misfires
0442-evap emission control system leak(small)
0ac4-hybrid PCM
0ab9- hybrid system performance
1400- control start emission reduction control system
2270- bank 1 sensor 2.

Drove it ten minutes and at close to idle it began missing somewhat violently and died. I drove it home missing at low rpm but smoothing out at higher rpms after I got it home went to move into shop and after starting( it running barely missing violently)the power steering did not kick on for a moment .replaced 02 sensor still having same issues after clearing codes once.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 10 diagnostic trouble codes. Ten! pls help

Check for intake/PCV and other possible sources of vacuum leak for MAP sensor code.

Pull all 8 spark plugs and take a look at them for something that stands out. Some of them are no fun at all.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Enthusiast

I don't know how to check the vacuum without the motor running. And don't really know how if it would run. Spark plugs out new ones in...almost advance only gave me seven so waiting on the wife to return with the 8th(passenger rear) of course its the difficult one had to remove inner fender but its out. Driver side front cylinders spark plug is black the rest look fine

Old 05-11-2015, 06:38 PM
Enthusiast

New plugs didn't help but I know that front driver cylinder isn't firing because the plug is black. Also inside the throttle body is really oily? Should it be. I have pics but don't know how to post them

Old 05-11-2015, 06:42 PM

So the driver's side front looked significantly blacker than the rest? That is #1

And yes other side rear #8 is most difficult.

It will most likely run better on all 8 now.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:48 PM
Enthusiast

Yes # one was black and wet. The rest were still white or light gray and dry. But it still won't run misses violently before auto offing in a matter of one or two seconds unless I raise the rpms but the pedal stops working after about three or five seconds the. Rpms drop and it dies or auto offs?

Old 05-11-2015, 06:54 PM

There may be mechanical issues. Compression testing on these is difficult.

The bad plug is usually an indication of which cylinder to look at first.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Enthusiast

OK, thanks for the help! How long will it take for codes to show back up I( reset them). Why is comp. Testing hard?

Old 05-11-2015, 07:05 PM
Enthusiast

It smoothed out when I got the rpms up

Old 05-12-2015, 06:09 AM

Compression testing on the hybrid requires the dealer scan tool to control the crank.

A camshaft lobe that is wearing out can cause a miss and it will be worse at idle.

If you can feel the misfire, it won't take long for a FLASHING check engine light to show back up. Flashing means something bad for catalytic converters is going on.

If MAP/MAF codes come back first, there may be a vacuum leak. If a bad leak, you could hear it at idle with hood open. The usual suspects there include crankcase ventillation, PCV, and a red colored plug at the back of the intake manifold near the brake master cylinder.

The hybrid needs about a 1/2" plug in the back of the intake where the non-hybrid gets the vacuum for the power brake booster.

The plug is red. If a back fire popped it out, idle will be bad and it makes lots of sucking noise back there.

Quick Reply: 10 diagnostic trouble codes. Ten! pls help

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands