2008 GMC Yukon Dead/Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Administrator
Default Re: 2008 GMC Yukon Dead/Won't Start

we know that the hybrid 2 mode is so efficient that you don't need to turn off the engine just to save gas while "idling." just leave it to the autostop mode and it will do the rest.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

My truck will start for 10 or 20 seconds at best then die?? I replaced the batty no differance... what is the "lower front 12 vlt battery I'm reading about ???? Is that the main engine area battery ?? I posted a question about this yesterday no response as of yet I'm hopi g for some guidance here...thank you all on advance it's parked in a horrible position please any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Old 10-24-2015, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jimr5454
My truck will start for 10 or 20 seconds at best then die?? I replaced the batty no differance... what is the "lower front 12 vlt battery I'm reading about ???? Is that the main engine area battery ?? I posted a question about this yesterday no response as of yet I'm hopi g for some guidance here...thank you all on advance it's parked in a horrible position please any guidance would be greatly appreciated
Sorry for the late reply but I'm traveling from the west coast. 12 volt battery means your regular 12v battery inside the engine bay. Have it checked or replaced. It is a cheap fix for now. How many miles do you have?

Old 10-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimr5454

It dies? What does tachometer say? Auto Stop or Off This matters.

Next is codes. If you have a fuel system problem... the engine will spin while not firing. If you have a fuel supply problem, you can drain the HV battery to the point it has to be replaced. Very expensive.

Under the hood on the fuel supply rail is a port for testing fuel rail pressure. It uses a Schrader Valve just like a tire valve stem has.

It is on the engine and I think black. There are other plastic screw on caps for AC.

We want to see if gasoline is present at the fuel injectors.

You will have to remove the big trim cover over the engine to see it. I think it is on the passenger side next to the intake manifold. I"m no good at loading pictures.

Just pressing the little metal valve stem, just like letting air out of a tire, should spray some gasoline out.

If there is NO SPRAY, there is NO pressure and that is bad.

Check that

Old 10-25-2015, 08:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

Excelent ..I'm doing it now

Old 10-25-2015, 09:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

I turned the key two clicks forward and depressed the button and fuel did come out not allot but it shot out..uuhhhgg .: ( for once I was hoping for a bad fuel pump...any other suggestions ?
Again thank you you have been a great help before and I hope can continue to help me figure this out ..reading these post makes it a very scary proposal to bring it to the dealer until I have done everything i can .

Last edited by jimr5454; 10-25-2015 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-25-2015, 09:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Alternator ? How and when does that work ?

Old 10-25-2015, 06:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

No alternator as we know it on 2-Mode. There is a water cooled solid state DC-to-DC converter, but if engine and propulsion system won't run... NO 12V charging

Spark? But before you keep cranking, you need to get a read on HV battery State Of Charge percent and voltage.

Don't forget getting a read of any and all codes.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:22 AM
Administrator

Don't exhaust the charge of the Hybrid battery. Did you replace the 12 volt with a new one or least charge it? A dead HV battery means replacement.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

I did replace the 12 volt in the engine compartment ..I'm afraid of draining the hybrid battaries so I'm trying to be specific in my actions .I'm very confused .so to recap.
The motor is factory replacement with 35000 ish miles the rest has 156000
Oil is changed regularly
New Battery
I checked through the valve on fuel rail for fuel it's there
It runs for 5 to 8 seconds or at least appears to .
I have run out of fuel as embarrassing as it is twice and this truck doesn't like that it jerks and rattles then shuts down
But it's been awhile since it's happened
I have the hood open supposedly it keeps the hybrid part turned off ???? Maybe won't run down the rear battery
Nothing obvious you could eat of that motor it looks brand new so nothing burnt twisted or broke off that's obvious to me .

I will add that since day one that i have owned her that the a/c compressor makes a horibble sound sometimes faint sometimes louder by turning it off and on it usually went away .the air still blew very cold but for the info it was not normal by anymeans just not interfering with the running and I don't run the a/c very often so also not important.

Other then that I have had little indication that I can think of as of now of where to start .
I parked it as always and now it won't run .

Thank you very much

Last edited by jimr5454; 10-26-2015 at 06:29 AM. Reason: incorrect millage and a thank you at end

Quick Reply: 2008 GMC Yukon Dead/Won't Start

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands