2010 Yukon Hybrid: Service Park Assist

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 03:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2010 Yukon Hybrid: Service Park Assist

Hello all,

I was driving home today from Thanksgiving dinner and on my dash I saw the following message: Service Park Assist. I am not sure what this means, other than when I am in backup, I no longer hear the beeps. Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Thanks,

CP

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Yukon Hybrid: Service Park Assist-park-assist.jpg  
Old 11-27-2016, 02:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2010 Yukon Hybrid: Service Park Assist

It could be as simple gunk and or dirt build up on those 4 four "belly button" sensors in the rear bumper. Or one that got hit and is not aligned properly.

Driving in heavy snow storms, crud builds up on the bumper. Setting off that message

Old 11-28-2016, 04:55 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
It could be as simple gunk and or dirt build up on those 4 four "belly button" sensors in the rear bumper. Or one that got hit and is not aligned properly.

Driving in heavy snow storms, crud builds up on the bumper. Setting off that message
Hillbilly, thanks for the reply. Friday afternoon, I washed the SUV and made sure the the bumper was clean and free of gunk. After the wash, it starting working again. However, the Service Park Assist has been going on and off all weekend. Today alone, it went on and off twice. Does that mean there is a short someone where? I called my local GMC dealer and was told it is probably the sending unit which is $1,000 to repair.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:00 PM

It could be as simple as a corroded wire or one of those "belly buttons" acting up.

That system is not unique to the hybrid at all.

Touch each of the 4 ultra-sound buttons see if one is loose.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
It could be as simple as a corroded wire or one of those "belly buttons" acting up.

That system is not unique to the hybrid at all.

Touch each of the 4 ultra-sound buttons see if one is loose.
Neither one is loose. I looked underneath the bumper, but didn't see any wires. I wonder if the the plastic bumper has to come off for me to see the wires.

Knock on wood, the sensor has been working all week!

Old 12-04-2016, 10:04 AM

Each sensor has a plug into the harness like a string of Christmas lights. Probably tucked in and hidden.