accessories; shocks / springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default accessories; shocks / springs

Was wondering if Shocks and springs for the Hybrid would be the same as the hydrocarbon hungry brother of my Tahoe? (thinking of lowering a little) And in general are accesories the same, like oil filters, air filters, ect.....?

Old 01-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Teufel Hunden
Default Re: accessories; shocks / springs

I would like to know the same info...I see lowering kits on eBay for 2007 and up Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche and Escalade...brand new kit with four springs. The springs look the same as what is on my Tahoe but I know that doesn't mean they will work! Anyone have any idea?

Old 01-24-2009, 12:19 AM
Teufel Hunden

Alright, I have been doing some investigating and I have come to the conclusion that Hybrid and non-Hybrid Yukons and Tahoes can interchange suspension components. Here is why I believe this...I went to http://wretchedms.com/index.php?cPath=200_81_91 (after a couple of hours of surfing / searching the internet) and checked out both the self-leveling and non self-leveling and I see the same exact part numbers. Logically, why would GM use components that are non-interchangeable anyway...that would be more costly and complicated. Unless someone can show me something to the contrary, I'm going to install a lowering kit for a 2008 Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, Escalade...I'll let everyone know how it goes!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by USMC_Retired
Alright, I have been doing some investigating and I have come to the conclusion that Hybrid and non-Hybrid Yukons and Tahoes can interchange suspension components. Here is why I believe this...I went to http://wretchedms.com/index.php?cPath=200_81_91 (after a couple of hours of surfing / searching the internet) and checked out both the self-leveling and non self-leveling and I see the same exact part numbers. Logically, why would GM use components that are non-interchangeable anyway...that would be more costly and complicated. Unless someone can show me something to the contrary, I'm going to install a lowering kit for a 2008 Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, Escalade...I'll let everyone know how it goes!
Did you ever get your lowering kit installed? If so how did it work and do you have pics?

Thanks,

Jason

Old 04-14-2015, 08:57 AM
Enthusiast

Maybe now you have a lowered Hyhoe? I'm very interested in lowering my 08 . gonna go check prices!