AIR PURIFIER - Cabin Air Filter for a Yukon

Old 10-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Hybrid in Jordan
Default AIR PURIFIER - Cabin Air Filter for a Yukon

I thought GM uoght to add a cabin filter for those who deserve breathing clean air. dose any one know of a way to add a HEPA to Yukon. I had to use my recycle air every time I'm in traffic.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:11 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default Re: AIR PURIFIER - Cabin Air Filter for a Yukon

I believe they have an activated carbon filter now. I know all the earlier ones had them and doubt they would STOP a feature in the new models.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

This kind of relates to my thread about "Fan blowing at feet even when turned off". I found out that it is not the fan. Rather, the vents at your feet (under the dash) stay open all the time. Unlike the vents at the front of the dashboard, there is no way to manually close these vents except by turning the system on, pressing the recirculate button, then physically closing the dash board vents. This closes the vents at your feet (and the two small vents at each end of the dash board that cannot be manually closed). This is a real hassle and a very stupid design. If you turn your heat/air off, then drive, place your hand on the small vent at the end of the dash (above the vent with the dial to turn it off). The only way to stop air from coming out of this vent is by turning your heat/air on and putting it on recirculate. Try it and you will see that there is no other way to stop outside air from coming inside the vehicle - sending the outside air to the vents at your feet and to the small vents at each end of the dash. HOW IDIOTIC IS THAT?!

Last edited by Canuck; 11-03-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:58 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default I didn't even know there are vents there

as a mater of fact I don't think my car has them at all. sounds like you need to buy one of them fanci tiota priusus...

Originally Posted by Canuck
This kind of relates to my thread about "Fan blowing at feet even when turned off". I found out that it is not the fan. Rather, the vents at your feet (under the dash) stay open all the time. Unlike the vents at the front of the dashboard, there is no way to manually close these vents except by turning the system on, pressing the recirculate button, then physically closing the dash board vents. This closes the vents at your feet (and the two small vents at each end of the dash board that cannot be manually closed). This is a real hassle and a very stupid design. If you turn your heat/air off, then drive, place your hand on the small vent at the end of the dash (above the vent with the dial to turn it off). The only way to stop air from coming out of this vent is by turning your heat/air on and putting it on recirculate. Try it and you will see that there is no other way to stop outside air from coming inside the vehicle - sending the outside air to the vents at your feet and to the small vents at each end of the dash. HOW IDIOTIC IS THAT?!

Old 11-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Jet1,
When you are driving with the heat/air turned off, are you saying that no air blows at your feet? What about the two small side vents on the top of the dash board (used for defrosting the side windows). When you are driving and you place your hands over these vents (with the heat/air off) do you feel any air coming out of them?

This is driving me nuts. The dealer tells me its normal. I must put it on "recicurculate" to prevent the air flow when driving. But that doesn't seem right. Yet the manual seems to confirm it.

I don't really understand your comment about the Toyota Pirus?

Old 11-04-2009, 06:26 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default yep...

Originally Posted by Canuck
Hi Jet1,
When you are driving with the heat/air turned off, are you saying that no air blows at your feet? What about the two small side vents on the top of the dash board (used for defrosting the side windows). When you are driving and you place your hands over these vents (with the heat/air off) do you feel any air coming out of them?

This is driving me nuts. The dealer tells me its normal. I must put it on "recicurculate" to prevent the air flow when driving. But that doesn't seem right. Yet the manual seems to confirm it.

I don't really understand your comment about the Toyota Pirus?
I just thought you might like a tiota better. when my climate control is OFF there is no air blowing anywhere in the car.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I think I mentioned this before, but there is no air coming around my feet with the climate control switched off. I had bare feet and drove around quite a bit.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks buds.

I'm going back to the dealer to get to the bottom of this.

Jet1 - no foreign cars for me. Never bought one before and never will.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just came back from the dealer (it's in for the latest recall) and again they told me it's normal. I told them it doesn't happen to others (here) so they took me for a drive in another Tahoe and once I got up to about 60km/hr I could feel the air blowing at my feet with the climate control off. So they proved themselves right. Oh well, still like the vehicle but this really bothers me -- guess I'll just have to live with it.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Crap. It sounds like they shipped you a Canadian version of the Tahoe. It is a Canadian law to force fresh air into the cabin at all times; we don't have that regulation in the USA. They have to circulate fresh air in passenger vehicles all the time up there. This is just in-case anyone from Quebec gets in the car, the other passengers will still have some fresh air...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AIR PURIFIER - Cabin Air Filter for a Yukon

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands